Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ooh thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stettin)
    What was it like for you friend? All I keep hearing about everybody is that it's a great place to live in. I choose it simply because it's city centre but if the supposed party antics are true. I wouldn't mind
    Apparently it is a great laugh pretty much every nights, but over the year the place gets pretty grotty, but everyone says you end up trapped in Frenchay and on a boring day that would be torture for me. However in Centre you can just stroll into town etc etc. And Market gate is still about 500 peeps staying there, so I imagine it'll be mad.
    Hoping after the first year, I will be fully drained of going out and can concentrate more on studying.
    I am all about the experience just as much, if not more than I am there for education

ReputationRep:
    ""Dear Student Thank you for applying for University Accommodation, we have provisionally allocated you to Frenchay Campus accommodation.""

:woo: Hazzar awesome (I think) :woo:

thats student village right :confused:
    Now to save £1000+ for the extream accommodation fee :grumble:

ReputationRep:
    How the hell did u find out what your accomodation was?

(Original post by JMTuk)
    Apparently it is a great laugh pretty much every nights, but over the year the place gets pretty grotty, but everyone says you end up trapped in Frenchay and on a boring day that would be torture for me. However in Centre you can just stroll into town etc etc. And Market gate is still about 500 peeps staying there, so I imagine it'll be mad.
    Hoping after the first year, I will be fully drained of going out and can concentrate more on studying.
    I am all about the experience just as much, if not more than I am there for education
    Oh great. I don't like the idea of taking taxis at night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzy1267)
    ""Dear Student Thank you for applying for University Accommodation, we have provisionally allocated you to Frenchay Campus accommodation.""

:woo: Hazzar awesome (I think) :woo:

thats student village right :confused:
    Now to save £1000+ for the extream accommodation fee :grumble:
    I got that e-mail, do we have to apply to that, or is the e-mail they say we have to reply to within 10 days a different one?

ReputationRep:
    Ah hope this clears it up a tiny bit.

Was reading another forum and someone found this on UWE site.

"We normally start allocating in May and find that by the end of May campus accommodation is fully allocated, swiftly followed by city centre accommodation.
    Allocations will continue throughout June and July.
    We will send you the offer of accommodation again by e-mail at the end of June.

At the time of acceptance of the offer you will be asked to make an online payment of £250 to secure your accommodation."
    Guess this was a E-mail to roughly say were we'll be + a rant focused about parking of the area...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzy1267)
    Ah hope this clears it up a tiny bit.

Was reading another forum and someone found this on UWE site.

"We normally start allocating in May and find that by the end of May campus accommodation is fully allocated, swiftly followed by city centre accommodation.
    Allocations will continue throughout June and July.
    We will send you the offer of accommodation again by e-mail at the end of June.

At the time of acceptance of the offer you will be asked to make an online payment of £250 to secure your accommodation."
    Guess this was a E-mail to roughly say were we'll be + a rant focused about parking of the area...
    Yeah I got the same, I imagine everybody else did also. Why is parking banned does anybody know ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turner981)
    just applied for waverlly, city center and 8people to a flat so more chance of sharing with people i get on with, anyone else put it down as there 1st ???
    yeah i put it down as my first! Favell and rackhay are next to it so lots of people to meet and party with....cant wait! Hopefully hear back soon about accommodation!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M1F2R3)
    Yeah I got the same, I imagine everybody else did also. Why is parking banned does anybody know ?
    Part of the regulations imposed on them from the council or whoever when they applied for planning permission and there isn't enough room for parking for commuting students, let alone people on campus aswell :|

But tbh I don't know anyone who really missed their car, there's free bus service into town and back, Sainsburys is a 5 minute walk away, at night taxis are £3 each way which isn't bad, and who wants to be designated driver anyways?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brap pap pap)
    Part of the regulations imposed on them from the council or whoever when they applied for planning permission and there isn't enough room for parking for commuting students, let alone people on campus aswell :|

But tbh I don't know anyone who really missed their car, there's free bus service into town and back, Sainsburys is a 5 minute walk away, at night taxis are £3 each way which isn't bad, and who wants to be designated driver anyways?
    Thanks for the reply, I heard something about a 2 mile radius limit for parking :confused: ? Anyway how do you find UWE ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M1F2R3)
    Thanks for the reply, I heard something about a 2 mile radius limit for parking :confused: ? Anyway how do you find UWE ?
    I don't know about parking if i'm honest with you, our flat mates girlfriend brought her car down for like 2 weeks then had enough of it so took it back home. Everyone was begging her for lifts and she was having to try and find places to leave it. The majority of places nearby (car parks and housing estates) have vigurous clamping systems in place so it wasn't worth the hassle.

Annnnd, I love UWE. I've enjoyed my first year to no-end and can't wait for the second year to start so that I can start all over again. Bristol is a fantastic city for night-life, there is always something to do or somewhere to go. Countless numbers of clubs and pubs aswell.

I haven't been to any of the other campuses other than Frenchay, but I like the feel of Frenchay. Not that that really matters, because over the next couple of years all campuses are being merged into Frenchay, so there is quite a bit of building work going on atm, not that it affects the students because it's out of the way of the main campus. It's always quite busy, and the SU bar is nice. I can't comment on other courses obviously, but I feel mine is well structured, the lecturers and tutors have been fantastic and always try to help, overall no complaints .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brap pap pap)
    I don't know about parking if i'm honest with you, our flat mates girlfriend brought her car down for like 2 weeks then had enough of it so took it back home. Everyone was begging her for lifts and she was having to try and find places to leave it. The majority of places nearby (car parks and housing estates) have vigurous clamping systems in place so it wasn't worth the hassle.

Annnnd, I love UWE. I've enjoyed my first year to no-end and can't wait for the second year to start so that I can start all over again. Bristol is a fantastic city for night-life, there is always something to do or somewhere to go. Countless numbers of clubs and pubs aswell.

I haven't been to any of the other campuses other than Frenchay, but I like the feel of Frenchay. Not that that really matters, because over the next couple of years all campuses are being merged into Frenchay, so there is quite a bit of building work going on atm, not that it affects the students because it's out of the way of the main campus. It's always quite busy, and the SU bar is nice. I can't comment on other courses obviously, but I feel mine is well structured, the lecturers and tutors have been fantastic and always try to help, overall no complaints .
    Awesome, I'm glad you are enjoying it. My course is on Frenchay as most of them are I believe. I appreciate the advice on the car parking as well, thanks again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by partygirl87)
    yeah i put it down as my first! Favell and rackhay are next to it so lots of people to meet and party with....cant wait! Hopefully hear back soon about accommodation!
    You won't regret it Favell, Rackhay, Waverly are all like opposite each other. Transom (where I am staying currently) is down the road, Nelson and Drake are also just round the corner. You'll find everyone in the Unite buildings will become friends quite easily. It's definitely better living in the city in my opinion. You can go out whenever you like, and the pubs in that area are fantastic. Waverly is pretty much as central in the best part of Bristol as you could wish to get!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cabbaman98)
    You won't regret it Favell, Rackhay, Waverly are all like opposite each other. Transom (where I am staying currently) is down the road, Nelson and Drake are also just round the corner. You'll find everyone in the Unite buildings will become friends quite easily. It's definitely better living in the city in my opinion. You can go out whenever you like, and the pubs in that area are fantastic. Waverly is pretty much as central in the best part of Bristol as you could wish to get!
    Yeah i cant wait! I know bristol quite well as use to go there alot and have friends who are currently at uwe....yeah im glad ive gone for the city at least i can go out when i please and not worry about a taxi fare home...also i want to meet lots of different people .Yeah the loaction of waverely is fantastic!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 14, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of the West of England
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
  2. University of the West of England
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 3 Nov '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.