Turn on thread page Beta

all or nothing phonecall to ex-girlfriend watch

this evening i am going to call my ex girlfriend who broke up with me about a week ago for another boy. i don't want this to be awkward, and i want to be able to tell her how i feel without her turning around and being apologetic and saying that she doesn't love me anymore. she has broken up with me in the past for the same boy, but came back to me because she realized she didn't want him, and she promised on many occasions that she would never put me through that again. i am so attached to her, i view her facebook profile whenever i can, and i'm an extremely anxious and jealous person (however it's not anything medically diagnosed). i can easily say that the times i have been with her have been the happiest times of my life, however in contrast the times where i am left down in the dumps is possibly the worst i have ever felt.

i am really worried about what she's going to say to me, seeing as we havn't spoken since she broke up with me because i thought she needed some space. worse still, the boy she likes now is taking her out for a meal on valentines day.

i am desperate for advice, i am trying my hardest to let go but i just can't, i would die for this girl, and would do anything for it to work.

please, i need some advice on what to say to her to ensure i don't make any mistakes which could possibly push her away forever....

ReputationRep:
    Be angry with her, it's the best thing you can do. It's one of the things that helped me through the breakup of my first serious relationship. If I didn't do it, I would have taken him back eventually and been hurt over and over.

Your relationship isn't going to work. She's with someone else now, someone she was involved with before and for your own sake I think you should just realise this and move on so she can't hurt you any more.

Never think about how much fun you've had with her or how she made you feel when you were together, think about how crushed you feel now and how much she hurt you when she dumped you in the past. Delete her from your Facebook, or at least make it so that she doesn't appear in your news feed.

I don't think a phone call is a good idea, if you need to get how you feel off your chest, then write her a letter on an email. Nobody can give you advice on how not to push her away, she's already gone and it sounds like it'd do you a lot of good to be without her, even as a friend, for a while.

Don't keep being the person that'll always be there to come back to when she gets bored of her new boyfriends. Find someone who's worth being with.

ReputationRep:
    tbh, you dont want her back. its the 2nd time she left you for the other guy? seriously forget about that *****.

just tell her what an incredibly hurtful person she is. and yes be angry like sakura said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Be angry with her, it's the best thing you can do. It's one of the things that helped me through the breakup of my first serious relationship. If I didn't do it, I would have taken him back eventually and been hurt over and over.

Your relationship isn't going to work. She's with someone else now, someone she was involved with before and for your own sake I think you should just realise this and move on so she can't hurt you any more.

Never think about how much fun you've had with her or how she made you feel when you were together, think about how crushed you feel now and how much she hurt you when she dumped you in the past. Delete her from your Facebook, or at least make it so that she doesn't appear in your news feed.

I don't think a phone call is a good idea, if you need to get how you feel off your chest, then write her a letter on an email. Nobody can give you advice on how not to push her away, she's already gone and it sounds like it'd do you a lot of good to be without her, even as a friend, for a while.

Don't keep being the person that'll always be there to come back to when she gets bored of her new boyfriends. Find someone who's worth being with.
    I agree with all of this, but the bold stuff especially. Well said.

ReputationRep:
    Move on it takes time but it will happen soon, and why do u wanna talk to her?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going to be of any help but she is so so evil! 0_o

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)

agreed, just forget about her and move on, she will just keep doing the same thing to you, cut all contact with her and don't take her back as she will only do it again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    this evening i am going to call my ex girlfriend who broke up with me about a week ago for another boy. i don't want this to be awkward, and i want to be able to tell her how i feel without her turning around and being apologetic and saying that she doesn't love me anymore. she has broken up with me in the past for the same boy, but came back to me because she realized she didn't want him, and she promised on many occasions that she would never put me through that again. i am so attached to her, i view her facebook profile whenever i can, and i'm an extremely anxious and jealous person (however it's not anything medically diagnosed). i can easily say that the times i have been with her have been the happiest times of my life, however in contrast the times where i am left down in the dumps is possibly the worst i have ever felt.

i am really worried about what she's going to say to me, seeing as we havn't spoken since she broke up with me because i thought she needed some space. worse still, the boy she likes now is taking her out for a meal on valentines day.

i am desperate for advice, i am trying my hardest to let go but i just can't, i would die for this girl, and would do anything for it to work.

please, i need some advice on what to say to her to ensure i don't make any mistakes which could possibly push her away forever....
    In times like these.....Turn to..........The Streets:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHOf3s70w-c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veAIHDGghP4

Best Advice

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.