Turn on thread page Beta

How do you store your jewellery? watch

ReputationRep:
    Looking for inspiration here....I have lots of costume jewellery (bit of an accessorize obsession) but I just end up stuffing it all in my little jewellery box....this means it gets all tangled up and more often than not, I forget to wear it! Does anyone have a good way of displaying/organising their jewellery?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I have several jewellery boxes. I keep my 'fine jewellery' in their original boxes, like ring boxes/necklace boxes.

All cheap stuff I tend to keep in a clear perspex box with drawers from Muji. Not very pretty, but it keeps everything clearly organised.

All my big chunky necklaces (most my jewellery) is in a big plastic box. I keep all my braclets on a wooden mug tree and my more delicate necklaces hang on those plastic self adhesive hooks, which I stuck to the side of my bookcase/shelf unit.

ReputationRep:
    I have two of these:

And then keep all my special stuff in their original boxes and my earrings i hang off of my pin board

I don't :emo:

The best person to ask is 50 Cent or Lil Wayne :p:

ReputationRep:
    Dad put up some small hooks on the back of my door that leads into the bathroom. I hang all my necklaces up on the hooks, which means I can get to them easily.

ReputationRep:
    For Necklaces and bracelets I use a 4 bar trouser Hanger like this one !
    http://s7v1.scene7.com/is/image/JohnLewis/230417457?$product$

They dont get tangled up in a box and i just hand them at the end of my wardrobe.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I have a nail in my wall, and I hang all my necklaces on that. Not only does it look intriguingly pretty, but it stops them getting tangled.

ReputationRep:
    I keep my 5 or 6 long beady necklaces on a hook on a door, and the smaller stuff is hung off pins on a cork noticeboard. I keep stud earrings on pieces of thin card, with holes for them made with a pin. I keep most of my dangly earrings on a picture frame with dyed tapestry fabric stapled across it (as it has holes in it already). I don't wear many bracelets or bangles, so I just chuck them in a box.

Edit: I also have one of the hands, but I tend to overload it and then it falls over. I was given it because it falls over easily, so I suspect it wasn't the best of designs anyway :p:

ReputationRep:
    i have like a wall mount in the shape of a dress with hooks on, not that you can see the dress as it's absolutely covered in jewellery
    i have a little jewellery box where i keep my gold rings and things like lockets
    and then a big pot which i chuck all my normal rings in
    i also hang really big chunky necklaces off of photo frames on my walls, and pin brooches and stuff onto my lamp i have bloody loads of jewellery!

ReputationRep:
    I keep my good jewellery in a mini wardrobe
    Some of my long necklaces hang on a random nail on the wall near my table lol, and the rest are in a box that was once for something else.
    I also wrapped a kitchen roll tube in some nice wrapping paper to stack all my bangles on. :embarrassed:
    That's budgeting right there, guys.

Oh yeah, And I have a glass candle holder which keeps all my studs in one place.

ReputationRep:
    I have a pretty massiiiiive jewellery box and it's the only bit of my room that's remotely organised :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Jewellery boxes.....random places around my room....

ReputationRep:
    I've got a massive mirrored jewellery box which I got for Christmas, with a few drawers, side opening doors for necklaces and a section for rings etc. on top.

I keep my earrings in a clear plastic box with like little slots to hang them from and a drawer. Mine was from Lakeland but the Holding Company do one too:

http://www.theholdingcompany.co.uk/3...prodpf_hua008/

They're really useful and you can see everything in them, no more rummaging about for a matching pair of earrings!

I keep my rings on something similar to this:

http://www.purplesunrise.com/product...ring%20holder/

Oh, and before I got the jewellery box I used to hang bracelets on a mug tree

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.