Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...-shameful.html

The women has probably written the worst articles ever and has just added another

How are the two in the article even be compared. She should get sacked

ReputationRep:
    I agree. I don't see the connection at all!

ReputationRep:
    If you look at her other articles you'll notice they're all in a similar vein and of similar quality.

Ergo: she's being employed to write crap, and due to her incomparable success probably deserves a payrise.

ReputationRep:
    How the hell did this woman manage to get this **** printed!
    ...Oh right it's the Daily Mail.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...g-parents.html

Another Daily Fail

ReputationRep:
    Jesus. Look at her face, it's like an obese owl.

ReputationRep:
    Is it a coincidence that she is the highest-paid actress in the world – and also incredibly young, known only for her portrayal of a virginal schoolgirl?
    Is it a coincidence that this article is filled with unsubstantiated crap, and also appears in the Daily Mail?

ReputationRep:
    Bloody hell, that is utter crap.

I think that Harry Robb from edinburgh summed it up in the comments section:

It's quite simple Liz.
    Emma Watson made an awful lot of money last year because she shot two huge budget films and has residuals and rights coming in from five previous incredibly successful films (and, I suspect, a good manager).

Medine Memi was the victim of a brutal murder.

What is the comparison?

The real question ism what is the point of Liz Jones?
    - harryrobb, edinburgh, 07/2/2010 11:21

ReputationRep:
    Ignoring all the crap, the article doesn't even make sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colour Me Pretty)

Another Daily Fail
    That's not even coherent, just a randomly put together sequence of ignorant opinions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colour Me Pretty)

Another Daily Fail
    (Original post by jackmb)
    That's not even coherent, just a randomly put together sequence of ignorant opinions.
    Which points do you take issue with and why? Ignoring the trademark Daily Mail hyperbole the 'emo' article holds some truth in my experience.

ReputationRep:
    lol
    wtf!

how do they even compare, ridiculous article.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foxo)
    Which points do you take issue with and why? Ignoring the trademark Daily Mail hyperbole the 'emo' article holds some truth in my experience.
    I hate the tone of the article. It comes across as patronising- 'when death is a long way off you can afford to be more morbid about it'. Wtf? And describing the emo song as 'both witty and alarming' as if it's dangerous or something.

The author is clearly being alarmist for the sake of it, it's hardly as if there are emos commiting suicide en masse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loki276)
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...-shameful.html

The women has probably written the worst articles ever and has just added another

How are the two in the article even be compared. She should get sacked

You have no idea how much I actively dislike this woman. Honestly, I read her column sometimes and it's the most depressing stuff in the World, she writes about how she's Anorexic (quote: I'd rather be skinny than happy and healthy), her husband cheated on her and she goes on and on about it, she owns 17 cats (no really, she wrote about it), she's only had 3 boyfs yet she's in her fifties, and just before Christmas she wrote about how we should spare a thought for women like her, women with no friends or life.

Honestly she's awful.

ReputationRep:
    Wow what a fail. Worst article writer ever.

ReputationRep:
    Why is this woman not sectioned?

Seriously - what the hell.

ReputationRep:
    I hate the tone of the article. It comes across as patronising- 'when death is a long way off you can afford to be more morbid about it'. Wtf?
    Melancholic and moody teenagers exist to be patronised. There's nothing more dull and intolerable than the self-styled outsider relishing their own pity.

And describing the emo song as 'both witty and alarming' as if it's dangerous or something.
    The song is not made out to be dangerous; it's the more morbid emo trends highlighted in the song that the journalist finds alarming, and frankly, they are.

The author is clearly being alarmist for the sake of it, it's hardly as if there are emos commiting suicide en masse.
    It's more a case of emos self-harming en masse. Are you saying there is no relation between the emo sub-culture and self-harm?

ReputationRep:
    OMG, we get the Mail (on sundays, for Live / You... honest..) and I was reading that thinking "Liz Jones is an absolute ****". All her acrticles are as ridiculous. Horrible woman.

EDIT: I think the highest rated comment sums it up quite well:

It's quite simple Liz.
    Emma Watson made an awful lot of money last year because she shot two huge budget films and has residuals and rights coming in from five previous incredibly successful films (and, I suspect, a good manager).

Medine Memi was the victim of a brutal murder.

What is the comparison?

The real question ism what is the point of Liz Jones?

ReputationRep:
    From the article:

In Iran, honour killings are legal
    Can someone tell me if this is true?

ReputationRep:
    Isn't the point of the article that all over the world there is a huge over emphasis on young girls that are considered 'pure' and that women are unfairly expected to behave in a certain way? I think Emma Watson was a bad illustration of her point but I agree that there are some ridiculous ideas about how women are expected to behave.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.