Turn on thread page Beta

university drama auditions - do i have to pay the fee? watch

ReputationRep:
    i'm currently in year 13 sitting my A levels in Newcastle. i've applied to drama schools in london, one of them (rose bruford college) said i don't have to pay the audition fee if i receive EMA payment (which i do, i receive the full £30,) but the others didn't mention it. i have to pay a lot already to travel to london up to 10 times (for all my universities, because they can recall me there for a further audition,) and i really don't have the money - my mam is a single parent and is unemployed and can't get a job. eacch uni asks for almost £50 and i just can't afford it. should i cancel my application? or can i get help somehow?? please help
    all comments appreciated thank you

(if it helps, i mean the Central school of speech and drama
    and the university of the arts london) which are the ones im worred about

ReputationRep:
    Email them

ReputationRep:

I know how your feeling!
    I am spending around £300 for travelling and paying for all these auditions. To be fair, I dont think its particuarly fair and it shows how spoon-fed kids get more opportunities.

Also, the fact only one university has given a good explanation why they charge. And that was because they had to book a venue for those who lived outside Wales and tbh - seems fair. But the other auditions are at the university themselves.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    BUT I AM PREPARED TO DO ANYTHING TO GET INTO A GOOD DRAMA UNI! & IF THAT MEANS BEING POOR - SO BE IT!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.