Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

university drama auditions - do i have to pay the fee? watch

ReputationRep:
    i'm currently in year 13 sitting my A levels in Newcastle. i've applied to drama schools in london, one of them (rose bruford college) said i don't have to pay the audition fee if i receive EMA payment (which i do, i receive the full £30,) but the others didn't mention it. i have to pay a lot already to travel to london up to 10 times (for all my universities, because they can recall me there for a further audition,) and i really don't have the money - my mam is a single parent and is unemployed and can't get a job. eacch uni asks for almost £50 and i just can't afford it. should i cancel my application? or can i get help somehow?? please help
    all comments appreciated thank you

(if it helps, i mean the Central school of speech and drama
    and the university of the arts london) which are the ones im worred about

ReputationRep:
    Email them

ReputationRep:

I know how your feeling!
    I am spending around £300 for travelling and paying for all these auditions. To be fair, I dont think its particuarly fair and it shows how spoon-fed kids get more opportunities.

Also, the fact only one university has given a good explanation why they charge. And that was because they had to book a venue for those who lived outside Wales and tbh - seems fair. But the other auditions are at the university themselves.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    BUT I AM PREPARED TO DO ANYTHING TO GET INTO A GOOD DRAMA UNI! & IF THAT MEANS BEING POOR - SO BE IT!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.