Turn on thread page Beta

i've been led on...now i'm messed up :( watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi people,
    Basically, this is an issue which has been going on for a few years now, but now my head is just messed up about things

So at uni in first year, I became friends with a girl, we were kind of in a group - I fell for her, but on finding out she had a bf, I kind of went off her, and just saw her as a good mate.

In second and third year, me and this group of friends including this girl rented a house together - on nights out, we would dance together, and on more than one occasion we got really close. We did random things like sit outside in the road together at 4am just talking to each other.

On occasions we had days out together, and all of this kind has made me REALLY like this girl. I've seen her fairly recently, and all my emotions for her kind of came back, probs is she's still with this guy.

So I need to get into my head nothing is ever going to happen and move on...but i'm finding this impossible to do
    The worse thing is i've been near to tears when thinking about this mess i've managed to get myself into

So i'm wandering if this is the best thing to do - and how can I just get a rid of my feelings for her?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Distance yourself from said girl.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    Sorry, how have you been led on?

ReputationRep:
    i feel for you, but she hasn't led you on. at all. i'd stick around with the friendship, likelihood is that the guy she's with won't be with her forever.

ReputationRep:
    but at times when she wants to hold hands etc, that kinds of feels like i have been led on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ps2mint)
    but at times when she wants to hold hands etc, that kinds of feels like i have been led on
    You sound like such a friend zoned nice guy man, seriously.

Man up and just ditch the stupid girl, she's using you for emotional gains and it's ******* with your head. So just do yourself a massive favour and walk away pal.

ReputationRep:
    I would suggest you ask her what she feels for her boyfriend at the moment. If she says she doesn't like him as much anymore ask her what she really wants from this, if anything at all. Communication.

ReputationRep:
    I did tell her all a while back, but she said she already had this bf etc

ReputationRep:
    Make a list of stuff that annoys you about her - stuff that could be deal-breakers in a relationship. Imagine you are her boyfriend and she is making another guy feel the way you do now.
    I can't really suggest anything else

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.