Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hiya people,

I need urgent help on Michaelis-Menten and Lineweaver-Burk plots.
    Basically how do you plot them? and then how do u calculate Km and VMax from them? ?
    :confused:

Please help me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gamewizard)
    Hiya people,

I need urgent help on Michaelis-Menten and Lineweaver-Burk plots.
    Basically how do you plot them? and then how do u calculate Km and VMax from them? ?
    :confused:

Please help me
    i believe all this is explained nicely in atkins physical chem - you just have to go take the book, open the appropriate pages, then read. From the formula, you will get y=mx + c relationship.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think that book is available in my local and university library, and this work is due on thursday !

ReputationRep:
    I refuse to believe that Atkins is not in your University Library - it is a core text for all chemistry courses in the country and is used by biochemists and chemical engineers as well.

ReputationRep:
    same here, perhaps you can try wikipedia instead. It is just up to you to find the resources to answer these questions

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I will try wikipedia thanks

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.