Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemcat)
    sounds like every olympiad paper then!
    I supose somewhere there must be someone who does well in these things...
    you maybe . Anyway, recent past papers are not gonna help, are they? might need to spend some time to look somewhere else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cjxnn)
    you maybe . Anyway, recent past papers are not gonna help, are they? might need to spend some time to look somewhere else.

When is your's?

ReputationRep:
    When is your's?
    tomorrow afternoon. not sure chemical enigneering needs that sort of chemistry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cjxnn)
    tomorrow afternoon. not sure chemical enigneering needs that sort of chemistry.
    It doesn't test how good you are at chemistry, it kind of tests your chemical vocab and jigsaw skills

ReputationRep:
    Did this today. Some questions as expected were ridiculously tough but generally I thought it wasn't too bad. Seriously doubt I'll get a gold or probably silver but never really expected to.

ReputationRep:
    I did this today as well. Some nice interesting questions and some impossible questions. Probably missed out about 20 marks.

ReputationRep:
    I had more time than questions, I wanted some more.

ReputationRep:
    I can safely say I'm not jealous of the above.

ReputationRep:
    Don't you mean we should start an "official chemistry olympiad decision thread" huh

ReputationRep:
    I did mine today and found it very difficult. I was disappointed by the lack of organic chemistry and the strange nature of some of the questions. I guess it is supposed to be difficult, though. I may get a bronze, maximum. It seems other people had a similar experience, which is consoling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashnard)
    I did mine today and found it very difficult. I was disappointed by the lack of organic chemistry and the strange nature of some of the questions. I guess it is supposed to be difficult, though. I may get a bronze, maximum. It seems other people had a similar experience, which is consoling.

Well, i supose that's the way it always is. One main synthesis questions, then the rest completely random...

ReputationRep:
    HARD. maybe a bronze

ReputationRep:
    Did it today. I think this was the last day that it could be done, and i found it very difficult. I managed to get an answer for every part of every question but whether they're correct is another matter. It was very mathsy IMO.

ReputationRep:
    Did it today. I think this was the last day that it could be done, and i found it very difficult. I managed to get an answer for every part of every question but whether they're correct is another matter. It was very mathsy IMO.
    it was bcho but i told you the real icho question in it was hard. you did not listen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cjxnn)
    it was bcho but i told you the real icho question in it was hard. you did not listen.

Yeah, but only the last few bits of that question were hard, the first bits were ok. I think there were 3 easy questions, 1 hard question and 2 middling questions....

Usually it's about 55-60% for a gold so i hope i'll have done enough!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but only the last few bits of that question were hard, the first bits were ok. I think there were 3 easy questions, 1 hard question and 2 middling questions....

Usually it's about 55-60% for a gold so i hope i'll have done enough!
    I think it is the second round that we are fighting for, because uni offers are better than medals at this stage:yes:
    or meeting the offers of course!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know when the official results will come out?

ReputationRep:
    I got 47 which I am really happy with, despite practically scoring nothing on the two organic questions... hopefully a goldhaving got a silver last year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Nonsense)
    I got 47 which I am really happy with, despite practically scoring nothing on the two organic questions... hopefully a goldhaving got a silver last year

Yeah that'll be gold, it's so annoying that i did it on the last day of 1/2 term, so i can't find out how i did lol.

Congrats on your oxford offer btw

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the silver boundary? I am in AS year, got 28 !! Really happy with it!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 10, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.