The Student Room Group

Is it normal for me to be fearful for my

mum because she wears the hijab? Recently, she decided and started to wear the hijab. This was her choice. Fair do's, I don't mind to be honest. I am scared for her for wearing it because there are people out there that could give her hell. I do fear for her in that respect. Am I being paranoid or thinking too much or what? Thankfully, it has not happened so far.
Reply 1
Just be respectful of her choices, I don't think it's something you should discuss with her. Just remember she is a fully grown woman who can handle herself, I'm sure she'll tell you if she's been given grief because of it.
Reply 2
Gez1990
Just be respectful of her choices, I don't think it's something you should discuss with her. Just remember she is a fully grown woman who can handle herself, I'm sure she'll tell you if she's been given grief because of it.

I respect her choice for wearing it. It is her choice. Good on her. At the end of the day, she is probably putting herself in danger, which is sad because of what is out there.
Reply 3
I think you're being a tad bit paranoid...But where do you live?
Reply 4
humz2
I think you're being a tad bit paranoid...But where do you live?

We live in a white area. It is not a problem as such. Since my mum is wearing a hijab and she is going to town, and there are plans for edl march to occur in that town...i feel she is putting herself in danger in that respect.
Reply 5
Anonymous
We live in a white area. It is not a problem as such. Since my mum is wearing a hijab and she is going to town, and there are plans for edl march to occur in that town...i feel she is putting herself in danger in that respect.

I see what you mean but I also think you're over-exagerrating it a bit mate :smile:
Reply 6
humz2
I see what you mean but I also think you're over-exagerrating it a bit mate :smile:

I can see that, probably I am over-exagerrating. It is a problem and a concern, something which can not be ignored.
Reply 7
It's a completely reasonable fear though (in that, I can understand why you might be worried) but at the end of it you can't worry about every single calamity that might befall her every time she leaves the house, otherwise you'll be frantic all the time.
If you're that worried, maybe ring her at some point?
Reply 8
just have faith in her. she probably weighd the pros and cons before she actually startd to wear the hijab...
Reply 9
i understand why you're worried, i'd probably be a bit paranoid too - but don't bother because the chances of it putting her in danger are extremely low
Reply 10
I suppose your all right, but it is a reasonable fear...

Latest

Trending

Trending