Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What GCSE grades are you aiming for and what are your targets? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juliewho)
    I noticed, im starting to think i've got no chance! :P i'm being influenced atm though by a good friend of mine who just got accepted into cambridge for medicine, and hes from an equally bad area/school as mine, so i'm hoping
    Same :L So many people with amazing grades getting rejected O_e

Congrats to your friend!
    My dad's adamant that I'll go to Cambridge
    I want to go somewhere further afield, though. 20 minutes from home isn't far enough away for me xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Insider)
    I'm not half as clever as most people on TSR so I'm just hoping for B's and above.
    nuttin wrong with that. half these people are just using this site to boast about how clever they are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TattyBoJangles)
    Same :L So many people with amazing grades getting rejected O_e

Congrats to your friend!
    My dad's adamant that I'll go to Cambridge
    I want to go somewhere further afield, though. 20 minutes from home isn't far enough away for me xD
    i know :| + it's the opposite for me, my parents would hate for me to go somewhere like Cambridge, its waaay too far away in their opinion. I probably will end up applying somewhere closer.. like hull york or something :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charrrlotte.ox)
    nuttin wrong with that. half these people are just using this site to boast about how clever they are
    Thanks for the ressurance.

I know I won't fail any of my subjects but I feel like a bit of a retard compared to everyone's 13 A*'s or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    kk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Reks)
    LOL, my dad (typical Asian parent), son you think you can become a Doctor?....If so ill send you somewhere really far, so you can board there!....( i dont think he knows how hard it is to get into medicine let alone OXBRIDGE LOL)
    my parents basically told me they don't think i can do it, let alone at a top university. :P they also told me that under no circumstances will they help me out financially with university - like, they wont even pay for my travel to attend open days etc D: i don't think my parents know how expensive trains are these days D:

ReputationRep:
    Well 3 of myne are ICT too lol!!!....5 are from science ( double and triple...i know ridiculous!)....Maths, English (2), History, Sociology, French, Art, RE.....I hope no Bs creep in!....I would be very disappointed!

When we moved into year 10 our targets for yr 11 were based on KS3 Levels i think, but now its based on coursework, effort, mocks, etc and if the teacher thinks your up to getting a particular grade. You should have taken a language now!
    Why do you do double and triple science? 3 Gcses from ict? You go to a weird school.

ReputationRep:
    im predicted Cs and Bs but im aiming for A*s and As with a B in french :P

ReputationRep:
    kk

ReputationRep:
    I'd absolutely love all A*'s, but I'd definitely settle for As in double award science and maths. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    18A*'s and A's :p:

ReputationRep:
    Just seems a bit pointless taking both as unis and colleges will realise its exactly the same course.

my predictions

english lang A
    english lit A
    Maths A*
    Statistics A* ( already got in year 10 )
    physics A*
    bio A*
    chem A*
    geography A*
    History A*
    re A
    food tk A
    french A

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes i feel like i should have flopped my mocks, acted stupidly in class etc, because my teachers have predicted me insane grades an think of me as some saint!, last parents meeting, they were complimenting me tooo much and my parents have got it into their minds that i can be anything!
    god, i was terrible all the way through until year ten, and got these ridiculous targets, and thats when i actually started doing some work :L my school just dont really care... they picked the easiest qualifications ie. ICT and made it compulsory for us, we had to fight to do triple science :L my parents, in all honesty, would be happier if I worked at ASDA.

ReputationRep:
    kk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Insider)
    Thanks for the ressurance.

I know I won't fail any of my subjects but I feel like a bit of a retard compared to everyone's 13 A*'s or whatever.
    ergh. this is what really annoys me about tsr. life isn't all about the amount of a*s under your belt
    what you're aiming for is well about national average.

ReputationRep:
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.....you're really funny!
    is it because of the ASDA thing? :| because no joke, they actually want me to work there on the basis of me getting a discount, and the fact that i'll still be able to live at home. D:

ReputationRep:
    ii

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juliewho)
    is it because of the ASDA thing? :| because no joke, they actually want me to work there on the basis of me getting a discount, and the fact that i'll still be able to live at home. D:
    wow that sucks. my parents think I can do anything and that getting into medicine should be a piece of cake for me :o:

ReputationRep:
    That sounds really frightening that they base predicted grades on social indicators in some schools, are you serious?!

Ours are based on coursework, modules and end of unit tests. Mine are 2 distinction* BTECs (4x A*), 9x A* and 1x A.

My target is to get an 'A*' grade in the subject for which I am predicted an 'A', but I wouldn't be surprised if I got an 'A' in Eng or Lit - but I'm working on it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JChoudhry)
    wow that sucks. my parents think I can do anything and that getting into medicine should be a piece of cake for me :o:
    mine are completely unsupportive, if I attempt to talk to them about future careers they just tut and tell me that the local college does btechs in stuff like retail/childcare and stuff like that. I'm determined to prove them wrong

+ (to the other guy, i cant figure out if its possible to double-quote :L)
    Yes, I know that working at ASDA and my parents/schools way of thinking is bad, but theres little I can do about it other than work hard >.<

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.