Turn on thread page Beta

What GCSE grades are you aiming for and what are your targets? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juliewho)
    mine are completely unsupportive, if I attempt to talk to them about future careers they just tut and tell me that the local college does btechs in stuff like retail/childcare and stuff like that. I'm determined to prove them wrong

+ (to the other guy, i cant figure out if its possible to double-quote :L)
    Yes, I know that working at ASDA and my parents/schools way of thinking is bad, but theres little I can do about it other than work hard >.<
    Well, what you have to do is prove them wrong and then in 10 years time, they will see that you were right when you are earning 30k+

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JChoudhry)
    Well, what you have to do is prove them wrong and then in 10 years time, they will see that you were right when you are earning 30k+

hopefully, i got a few good early gcse results and I hoped that would persuade them.. it didn't. >.< I also recently got given some work experience in a charity shop + school and their only response was "why? you're not getting paid for it." :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juliewho)
    hopefully, i got a few good early gcse results and I hoped that would persuade them.. it didn't. >.< I also recently got given some work experience in a charity shop + school and their only response was "why? you're not getting paid for it." :L
    That really sucks but don't ever be put down by this because you're the one who is going to be successful so you can't under no circumstances be put down!!!! Plus, if your parents don't support you, you should try talking to some of the more friendly teachers at your school and I am sure you will get some encouragement, it's always nice to get some. In your situation, I wouldn't bother telling my parents about any of my success that is not clearly apparent to them, as the only thing you will hear is stuff to put you down. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    That really sucks but don't ever be put down by this because you're the one who is going to be successful so you can't under no circumstances be put down!!!! Plus, if your parents don't support you, you should try talking to some of the more friendly teachers at your school and I am sure you will get some encouragement, it's always nice to get some. In your situation, I wouldn't bother telling my parents about any of my success that is not clearly apparent to them, as the only thing you will hear is stuff to put you down. :rolleyes:
    yeah, thanks for your encouragement and i've spoken to my physics teacher (who I previously thought hated me) and he was really helpful and gave me some contacts to organise work experience etc, so i'm hoping they'll eventually realise that ASDA isn't the extent of my capabilities

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, my indicative grades are all As and Bs, predicated grades are As and A*s. So hopefully, including DiDA: 11A*, 3As. And a B I got last year that I'm not exactly proud of.

ReputationRep:
    I see everyone is aiming high. What's the highest aim so far??

ReputationRep:
    I see everyone is aiming high. What's the highest aim so far??
    Obviously yours Who takes (or is even allowed to take) 18 GCSEs?

Personally, I'm aiming for 14.5 A*s.

Thus far, I have achieved:

English Lang: A*

English Lit: A*

Maths: A*

Citizenship (1/2): A*

ReputationRep:
    I'm aiming for 12A*s (counting the stats one i got already), but looking at everyone elses, I see that its really crap...
    I mean, 18 GCSEs?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RATM33)
    I'm aiming for 12A*s (counting the stats one i got already), but looking at everyone elses, I see that its really crap...
    I mean, 18 GCSEs?!
    I know, wtf?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toblerone93)
    Obviously yours Who takes (or is even allowed to take) 18 GCSEs?

Personally, I'm aiming for 14.5 A*s.

Thus far, I have achieved:

English Lang: A*

English Lit: A*

Maths: A*

Citizenship (1/2): A*
    Well, I do suppose my target of A*'s is pretty low if you know what I mean, aming for around 11ish A*'s, the rest A's except for French, in which I would be happy with a B.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I do suppose my target of A*'s is pretty low if you know what I mean, aming for around 11ish A*'s, the rest A's except for French, in which I would be happy with a B.
    Why are you not aiming for 18 A*s?

ReputationRep:
    Why are you not aiming for 18 A*s?
    I am to be quite frank, the laziest person I have ever met and doing so much work just doesn't suit me as I don't need that many A*'s. Besides, I already have an A in the FSMQ which is above GCSE and am currently doing/done 2 AS Levels and 1 full A Level. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I am to be quite frank, the laziest person I have ever met and doing so much work just doesn't suit me as I don't need that many A*'s. Besides, I already have an A in the FSMQ which is above GCSE and am currently doing/done 2 AS Levels and 1 full A Level. :p:
    Haha. What AS levels and A-level are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    Haha. What AS levels and A-level are you doing?
    Maths Full
    Further Maths AS
    RE AS
    I only require 1-1.5 hour of extra lessons afterschool a week for these so it isn't a problem and we get free cookies and hot chocolate in the lessons :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Maths Full
    Further Maths AS
    RE AS
    I only require 1-1.5 hour of extra lessons afterschool a week for these so it isn't a problem and we get free cookies and hot chocolate in the lessons :cool:
    You're doing all that this year?

You're a bit clever haha. I'm only doing the AS in Maths.

What grades did you get/hope to achieve?

ReputationRep:
    You're doing all that this year?

You're a bit clever haha. I'm only doing the AS in Maths.

What grades did you get/hope to achieve?
    Well, I started all of this a level stuff back in September, so the only exams I sat were in Jan: C1,C2,C3,M1,S1 and RS09. For these I'm aming for A's in all of them except for C3 which I will be resitting in June. Will be sitting all my GCSE's and for a level modules: C3,C4,FP1,FP2,D1, and RE unit and other resits if need be.

What modules you doing at the moment? C1,C2 and?

ReputationRep:
    Well, I started all of this a level stuff back in September, so the only exams I sat were in Jan: C1,C2,C3,M1,S1 and RS09. For these I'm aming for A's in all of them except for C3 which I will be resitting in June. Will be sitting all my GCSE's and for a level modules: C3,C4,FP1,FP2,D1, and RE unit and other resits if need be.

What modules you doing at the moment? C1,C2 and?
    Are you self studying those?

I'm doing S1 for my AS.

(I added you to my buddy list, never done that before so I have no idea what it does )

ReputationRep:
    My predictions are something like 7A*s and 2As, along with an A in AS French. That would be nice. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Are you self studying those?

I'm doing S1 for my AS.

(I added you to my buddy list, never done that before so I have no idea what it does )
    Done the same, no idea what it does myself to be honest lol. You could say I am self teaching them, but I do it in my maths class on my own, but if I get stuck on a really difficult question, I'll get some help on it.

ReputationRep:
    Done the same, no idea what it does myself to be honest lol. You could say I am self teaching them, but I do it in my maths class on my own, but if I get stuck on a really difficult question, I'll get some help on it.
    Oh, fair enough.

You remind of some kid in my class who is doing something similar. He was gunna do a load of modules in Jan - but couldn't get to school due to the snow. :yep:

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.