Turn on thread page Beta

Making the 'first move'.... watch

Announcements

Just wondered, when on a night out and you catch the eye of the someone of the opposite gender you quite like. Do you go over or make the first move, or wait for them to do so?

Traditionally it's the male that's supposed to do so, but most of the time I'll wait for the girl to initiate, and I've noticed this is the same for a lot of my mates as well.

I suppose the risk of rejection is a lot higher for boys than girls, some ladies can be actually proper brutal in letting you know they ain't interested!

ReputationRep:
    I do nothing. It's been immensely successful so far (obviously).

ReputationRep:
    I move to her....... And usually move my mates to her mates.

So this is why I'm single :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indieboohoo)
    So this is why I'm single :facepalm:

:ditto:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pegglybum)
    I tend to move a little bit closer, ie. if im dancing in a group, i'll move so im closer to him. After that I expect him to come over to me...
    Actually that's not very easy to tell for most guys in a night club! You could just go and say hi?!

ReputationRep:
    I have a habit of ignoring all girls who make any kind of moves on me in clubs. One girl even came up to me and tapped my arm and I just moved away in a sort of "we seem to be in the same spacial area therefore I shall move slightly in this direction so our exterior limbs wont come into contact again" way...(I was drunk)

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Just wondered, when on a night out and you catch the eye of the someone of the opposite gender you quite like. Do you go over or make the first move, or wait for them to do so?

Traditionally it's the male that's supposed to do so, but most of the time I'll wait for the girl to initiate, and I've noticed this is the same for a lot of my mates as well.

I suppose the risk of rejection is a lot higher for boys than girls, some ladies can be actually proper brutal in letting you know they ain't interested!
    very!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neomilan)
    very!
    ooh i'm getting information on one of the three things you said you'll never tell me about :p:
    might as well tell me whole story now.

ohhh abdi.

(Original post by nellydee)
    ooh i'm getting information on one of the three things you said you'll never tell me about :p:
    might as well tell me whole story now.

ohhh abdi.
    2 things

and

no

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2010
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.