The Student Room Group

Should I end it?

About 1 week ago, my fiance shouted at me and walked out pretty randomly. I rang him that night and he spent 5 hours (yes, hours!) crying on the phone about really bizarre stuff. Saying he didn't know if he wanted to marry me anymore because of my mum and gran and planning the wedding.

We've been engaged for seven months and had been together for 3 years before that.

I have found this very difficult to stomach and I'm not sure if I should end it or if I'm just angry at him. Stuff that never bothered me before this random outburst irritates the **** out me and I find that it's quite common for me to be thinking 'I could end this'.

The freedom of single life seems extremely appealing but I don't know how to tell if I'm just angry and hurt or I don't love him anymore.

Tbh he's so pussywhipped by his mum... (she was responsible for a lot of the things he was crying about on the phone) I don't know if I can handle it. My parents were going out tonight and we were supposed to be having a 'night in' :wink: and he phoned saying he had to go discuss hotels with his mum or some ****.

I dunno, any ideas how to tell/similar experiences? I'm seriously confused and just want some advice what to do.
It's probably cold feet on his behalf, a wedding is a big life-changing event, it could be the stress from that.

Ask him to still come over, as you guys sound like you could do with a face to face chat. Phone chats are great and all but in person is better.

But don't just end it as there's a bump in the road, try to deal with it first.
Jess xx

Latest

Trending

Trending