Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Gf of 2 months, going out for a meal. Shall I also get her:

a card
    12 red roses
    and some chocolates?

Is this okay?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that seems sweet enough, you've only been going out two months aswell so it seems enough. I'd be happy with that!

ReputationRep:
    Well seeing as you have only been together 2 months yes, although at the same times it's quite typical, and predictable. Maybe something else...which will mean something to her?

ReputationRep:
    yeah is ok, you could come up with a poem and put that in the card but not sure if will be too full on so soon but if you can might be a nice thing to do

ReputationRep:
    I'm a G I took a V on V day.

ReputationRep:
    *YAWN* Seriously, chocolate and roses!? *YAWN*

Surely there's something more 'personal' you know she'd appreciate more?

ReputationRep:
    If you've only been together for two months then you might not be able to think of anything more personal so chocolates and flowers will probably okay.

God knows what my boyfriend will get me! His christmas present to me involved mostly chocolate, lush goodies and a really expensive teddy lion. Lol!

So far all I've got him for Valentine's day are some socks with little T-Rexs on them (don't ask!) and I'll probably get him some chocolate too...

ReputationRep:
    The idea sounds good, but there's a rule that you should give an odd number of flowers. If I were you I'd choose 13!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    *YAWN* Seriously, chocolate and roses!? *YAWN*

Surely there's something more 'personal' you know she'd appreciate more?
    Exactly what I thought. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Flowers die, no point getting them.
    Get stuff that lasts.
    Choc is only good because its better than sex.

ReputationRep:
    I think that sounds a great idea! I don't think it matters that it's a bit cliche!
    I would be v happy with that

ReputationRep:
    ditch the card and chocolate, and get her roses and something like a bit of jewelery, a cheap necklace that you think she'd like perhaps. a bit more personal and something that lasts.. first valentines day and all that..

ReputationRep:
    I think its a cute valentines gift, if you've been together for two months
    After all i think valentines day is just a gimmicky thing to get sweet pressies - its better to get really meaningful personalised gifts on bdays, xmas and anniversaries

ReputationRep:
    That's so stereotypical. She's gonna think you ran into Clinton Cards with a tenner half an hour before dinner and grabbed whatever was in the window.

ReputationRep:
    Valentine's Day is so stupid. Make her a mixtape...

ReputationRep:
    God no, that's OTT.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe make sure they are chocolates you know she likes, Valentine'd Day and flowers/card/chocolates is boring and cliched but after two months it is unlikely it will be the most personalised gift.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.