Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It's good to be opinionated, I would much rather someone voice their own opinion than someone who doesn't say jack ***** just to save face.

You seem like the sort of person I would take a liking to and meh, a lot of men, regardless of a womans orientation, seem to think they still have the right to feel them up purely because they have a ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starless Eyes)
    You sure?
    It's scientific fact.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A_master)
    What's your pubic hair like? Is that black also?

Cuz if so that totally means you're 100% not racist :yep:
    Afraid not, however I did dye my hair black yesterday so I must get some race points for that?

ReputationRep:
    Opinions do not belong in Britain, especially TSR, unless they are completely idiotic and left wing. Just thought I'd inform you.

ReputationRep:
    being opinionated rocks tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jayjayjay)
    Yes. What has his nationality got to do with anything. " I wasn't attracted to him" would have done.

There is nothing wrong with being opinionated but maybe think a little before you speak, is the person you are talking to likely to take offence for example. I wouldn't say you should censor your thoughts for others, however bearing them in mind when you talk to them may help.

It isn't always OK to say what you think when you think it, at times you will need to hold your tongue and keep your thoughts to yourself or only tell certain people. Perhaps try being more subtle about your opinions, it is not just what you say but the way you say it. You can be opinionated without offending people or having someone say you are hard or cold etc.

With the guy - all you needed to do was state that you were not interested or walk away. It is irritating and no he doesn't have the right but deal with it maturely. Make it clear you are not interested (hand gesture, shake your head, mouth "no" if it is too loud etc), walk/move/dance away, if he comes back repeat and walk/move/dance away, repeat if necessary - he will soon get the message.
    The fact it creates a language boundary, meaning its harder for him to get the message.

I'm deffinatly not cold or hard at all, but its hard to change when I've been the same for so long. I dont really think I offend people, maybe accidently when I joking around but thats about it.

Believe me I was running away all night but he didnt seem to get it and I don't want to be like, mean.

ReputationRep:
    i dont know you to judge, but saying 'im always right' does annoy me. Even if you think you are , keep it in your head cos noone likes someone who refuses to acknowledge they may be wrong.
    its not exactly difficult, if your own mothers telling you so maybe you should take note?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    You sound like an insufferable tw*t.
    :love:.

ReputationRep:
    Hadn't even noticed the casual racism. What a fan dan you are OP.
    Isn't it a bit racist to assume that being english has anything to do with race?

ReputationRep:
    I thought this thread was gonna be about a new product from Apple.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reisen)
    Isn't it a bit racist to assume that being english has anything to do with race?
    You're going to be pedantic now are you? Then maybe you should feel content with the word xenophobic.

Either way the OP was being a narrow minded moron.

ReputationRep:
    You're going to be pedantic now are you? Then maybe you should feel content with the word xenophobic.

Either way the OP was being a narrow minded moron.
    lol ok, fair enough

ReputationRep:
    I said he wasnt even english. WHAT A SHOCKER, ITS THE END OF THE WORLD11!!1!11

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reisen)
    lol ok, fair enough
    I'm glad we sorted that out

ReputationRep:
    I was like you when I was 17 and it cost me a fair few friends. I still have opinions, I just know how to voice them so that they don't come across as arrogant - you seem to come across as arrogant in the sense that you 'know' you're right - when an opinion is subjective - you can't be right, per se.

I think you just need to develop some humility and a more thoughtful approach to other's feelings. You have a very 'urgh, don't even look at me' kind of attitude, which just makes you sound like a *****, tbh. Maybe learn to appreciate other people's differences. See the funny side of someone 'harassing' you in a club and laugh it off - it's not the end of the world - be flattered if anything.

Basically, you just need to lighten up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren__x)
    Apparently I'm a hard person to like, but I can't see why I shouldnt put my opinions across, especially when I know I'm right=/.
    Why are you so sure about it? Perhaps you're even wrong for saying that you're right?

Plus he wasnt even bloody English.
    :lol:

ReputationRep:
    learn to bite your tongue sometimes. some people are hard to get on with when you know that they're gonna have a contrary view, comeback or comment to every little thing. I've got a mate just the same and as nice a girl as she is, it does my head in.

ReputationRep:
    I think my OP has just given the totally wrong impression of me. I'm not a ***** and I dont need to lighten up at all. I don't always think I'm right either.

I'm so hungryyyyy, Ive had a yoghurt in nearly 2 days because I cant eat anything hard because of my tongue piercing and it's making me grouchy:mad:. I need to go buy some soup or something.

ReputationRep:
    Nice.
    I'm not a racist, my dog and some of my friends are black.
    :facepalm:

the fact people are always telling me how opinionated I am, it's really getting to me. Apparently I'm a hard person to like, but I can't see why I shouldnt put my opinions across, especially when I know I'm right=/. Maybe I should just keep my mouth shut in future[that'll be hard=P] because I obviously never say the right things. Admittedly it's mostly my family, how can my own mother tell me I'm hard to like? I have a ridiculous sense of humour; no one gets it, and too many opinions. I swear it's impossible to meet anyone with my outlook on life, no wonder I'm always single. I doubt i'll meet anyone with my likes anyways;].

I think I'm a nice person though, I was out last night and I'm always overly friendly and end up getting stalked all night. I totally hate it when some guys think they have the right try to touch you up just because you spoke to them. What is that all about? I did say to him ''You do realise I'm a lesbian don't you?''- made me laugh. It didnt stop the little weirdo though did it:mad:. Plus he wasnt even bloody English.

I don't really know what this has achieved but oh well, needed to vent:dontknow:.
    CTFRO my dear

Chill the F right out...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 10, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.