Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys

Has anyone hear been accepted into any Msc Management program? If you have please reply in the following format:

Msc management programs been accepted into and the condition offers:
    Undergraduate university:
    Undergraduate Degree
    Degree Classification:
    Work experience:
    GMAT (if applicable):

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Undergraduate university: THES Top 50
    Undergraduate Degree: Biomedical Engineering
    Degree Classification: BSc
    Work experience: 0
    GMAT (if applicable): NA

IC - Unconditional
    JBS - Waiting

ReputationRep:
    Many people have told me that there is no point doing an MSc Management - it is a waste of money, esp if you already have a economics/finance related degree. It is especially true if you already have a degree from a top 20 british uni. No employer will really favour you when it comes to getting a job (unless you go to LBS, LSE or Oxbridge) and £20,000 is a hell of a lot of money. You are far better of doing an MSc Finance degree. MSc Managements are just baby MBA's and MAY only help you to get an interview for a grad scheme - nothing else - you may as well spend £20,000 trying to get work experience which is more important.

There is a reason why 70% of people at WBS, Cass and the like are foreign students, and that is because they want a british degree to take home - hardly any people on those courses already have british degrees. The b-schools are just using the 'o job' hype to tell you this will get you a job. According to the FT the average starting salaries for the degrees are like £25,000. That is virtually the same as many business undergrad degrees at top 10-20 uni's (where you have not spent 20k in one year)

I've said my piece.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AfghanistanBananistan)
    Many people have told me that there is no point doing an MSc Management - it is a waste of money, esp if you already have a economics/finance related degree. It is especially true if you already have a degree from a top 20 british uni. No employer will really favour you when it comes to getting a job (unless you go to LBS, LSE or Oxbridge) and £20,000 is a hell of a lot of money. You are far better of doing an MSc Finance degree. MSc Managements are just baby MBA's and MAY only help you to get an interview for a grad scheme - nothing else - you may as well spend £20,000 trying to get work experience which is more important.

There is a reason why 70% of people at WBS, Cass and the like are foreign students, and that is because they want a british degree to take home - hardly any people on those courses already have british degrees. The b-schools are just using the 'o job' hype to tell you this will get you a job. According to the FT the average starting salaries for the degrees are like £25,000. That is virtually the same as many business undergrad degrees at top 10-20 uni's (where you have not spent 20k in one year)

I've said my piece.
    Thanks for your input. I am only considering applying for the LSE management course because it looks really good. If I don't get a job after university would it be more worthwhile studying a Masters in Accounting and Finance (where I could possibly get 5 to 6 exemptions if I go to Cass or Lancaster) or study part time for the ACCA (small/mid companies who take on graduates in accounting based roles ask for an accounting degree) whilst look for a job?

ReputationRep:
    Well heres my two cent on the issue. Iv already done a masters rom the UK and i feel that a degree finally turns out to be what you make of it. As I see it being in this course wer gonna be in one of the bestunis of the world. With one of the best faculty and resources and in the best city possible for networking. We have two years to milk out as much knowledge as possible with having fun ofcourse. With an LSE tag we will get calledup for interviews and if we have enough knowlegde by then we will land a good job.
    And if u wanna pursue acaemics..ie.PhD then a MSc degree from LSE is well suited for applying further to the big colleges in the world.
    Thts wht i think..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.