Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm registered down for the applicant open day tomorrow morning (8th)
    Can anyone clarify what time we need to be there - my information pack is with my geography teacher as she wanted to read through it!

Fail.

Help would be appreciated

Sean

(Original post by leachy12)
    Can anyone clarify what time we need to be there - my information pack is with my geography teacher as she wanted to read through it!

Fail.

Sean
    Hi Sean,

I guess from that you are coming for an interview/open day with SENRG (School of Environment, Natural Resources and Geography). Whislt I don't know the exact programme of events for you I can give you a rough idea of what will happen as I'm doing a Chemistry Department open day tomorrow.

Usually arrivals are between 10:30 and 11:00 in the departments and then from there you'll be able to pick up a programme of events for the rest of the day.

I can only find this information on the website: http://www.senr.bangor.ac.uk/courses/opendays/index.php If you aren't applying for geography and its another department uote me here and I may be able to offer a bit more assistance as I know a bit more about a few other departments.

ReputationRep:

Fail.

Sean
    Hi, i'm visiting the geography department in March and my info pack says that the day starts at around 10:45 so i'd aim to get there around half past ten.

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daniel_williams)
    Hi Sean,

I guess from that you are coming for an interview/open day with SENRG (School of Environment, Natural Resources and Geography). Whislt I don't know the exact programme of events for you I can give you a rough idea of what will happen as I'm doing a Chemistry Department open day tomorrow.

Usually arrivals are between 10:30 and 11:00 in the departments and then from there you'll be able to pick up a programme of events for the rest of the day.

I can only find this information on the website: http://www.senr.bangor.ac.uk/courses/opendays/index.php If you aren't applying for geography and its another department uote me here and I may be able to offer a bit more assistance as I know a bit more about a few other departments.
    It's the school of Ocean Sciences. And thanks, i will aim to get there for 10 ish, allow for a mooch around before anything.
    Is there any set dress code for it etc?
    Dont want to turn up Under/Overdressed!

Sean

It's the school of Ocean Sciences. And thanks, i will aim to get there for 10 ish, allow for a mooch around before anything.
    Is there any set dress code for it etc?
    Dont want to turn up Under/Overdressed!

Sean
    Sorry I've been out this evening and only just returned. with ocean science, you'll be meeting over in Menai Bridge for 11:00, so make sure you arrive at about 10:30, if you arrive before then there may not be anyone there to meet and greet you.

dress code it'll be formal but don't come wearing a suit, jeans and a shirt will suffice, though smart trousers and a shirt may go down fairly well. Bangor are pretty relaxed about the dress code its not like its a big important interview or anything. they've usually made up their mind about the offer they are giving to you and its just to see if you have any questions and the formality of giving you an offer.

have a fantastic open day and make the most of it. Hopefully the weather will be nice tomorrow (I sure hope is is as I'm showing people around)

ReputationRep:
    All in all was a good day. pretty much answered any questions i have and is now definitly going to be my first choice.

Sean

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.