Cambridge And Resits Watch

Jabroni
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I have an offer from Cambridge for 2010 entrance. I need to know, however, what the policy is on retaking January modules to meet an offer. There was nothing in the letter about retakes not being allowed but I'm wondering whether this is an unstated rule or not. Would they even know if you did do a retake too?

Thanks.
ily_em
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm pretty sure it's allowed. People retake modules all the time. Unless the offer explicitly states no resits, then it's fine
aKarma
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If your offer says nothing about it, you're fine
You can get straight Es from now on as long as you get the A overall :p:
Casshern1456
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The uni's would be able to see what date you achieved a result in any module. So if alot of your module was say January 09 and a few at June 09 then it's obvious you did a retake and got a higher mark. I don't think Cambridge would disallow retakes though unless it says specifically no retakes.

But then on second thought if someone else achieved the same grades as you and all their's are January 09(didn't retake) that would put you in a slight disadvantage and you'll need a very good personal statment and extra curricular activity to back up your place at Cambridge.
Zoedotdot
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Casshern1456)
The uni's would be able to see what date you achieved a result in any module. So if alot of your module was say January 09 and a few at June 09 then it's obvious you did a retake and got a higher mark. I don't think Cambridge would disallow retakes though unless it says specifically no retakes.

But then on second thought if someone else achieved the same grades as you and all their's are January 09(didn't retake) that would put you in a slight disadvantage and you'll need a very good personal statment and extra curricular activity to back up your place at Cambridge.
OP already has an offer though

OP - you're fine if it says nothing about it as a condition of the offer.
Sockpirate
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Casshern1456)

Read the original post :facepalm: They already have an offer.

OP, I should think it'll be OK - I'm certainly hoping so anyway! Hopefully you won't have to resit, but I don't think it would be a problem if you did, as long as you got the grades and thus met the offer by the august results day :dontknow:
i.am.lost
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
There's no rule about it.

All offers received from any uni have just one stipulation (unless otherwise explicitly stated): the conditions of the offer must be met by 31st August of that year. Nothing else.
Casshern1456
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Sockpirate)
Read the original post :facepalm: They already have an offer.
Oh yeah!:p:

I guess my comeback would be it's advice to the TSRian who hasn't got an offer from Oxbridge yet.
MrHappy_J
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I would have thought that, if you already have an offer, you don't need to do resits. They've accepted you, so I'd think a place is guaranteed.

I might be mistaken of course, I'm just working on logic here.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (475)
91.52%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (44)
8.48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise