Turn on thread page Beta

Sleep messed up watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    At night I cant get to sleep, but then during the day I can easily sleep until 2pm. (I get out of bed for lectures during the week though). I usually get to sleep around 3am/4am, for no reason at all.

Last night, I got into bed at 9.30 to try and change it, didnt get off till around 2am. Then woke up at 2pm.

Would stress have anything to do with this? I have been very stressed recently and still have some of it. Any advice on how to get a decent nights sleep?

ReputationRep:
    I totally empathise with you. Being a student totally fooked my body clock!! I was going to bed at 4am getting up at midday.

You need to make yourself get up in the morning. Even when I dont have lectures I make sure I'm up by 9.30. It only takes a few days for body clock to adjust.

ReputationRep:
    force yourself to get up at 8am each morning, then hopefully by midnightish you'll be tired enough to go to bed. its possible you've just gotten into a bad sleep pattern.

or you may just be completely screwed by me, the only times this term i've gotten to sleep before 4am have been when alcohols played a helping hand. regardless of the fact i'm up at 8am each morning :/

ReputationRep:
    Set your alarm for 10ish, and just get up and drink coffee. I know you won't have had enough sleep, but the point is to tire yourself out, so just keep at the coffee until about 5ish, then you'll eventually drop off at a normal time

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday, I put my phone on the other side of the room and set an alarm. In the morning I got up to turn it off and then fell back to sleep. Tiny little rooms dont help, But I shall try forcing myself to get up earlier! Hope it works.

ReputationRep:
    mee too i have this problem and doctors think im insomniac (not confirmed) i sleep either arounf 3-4 am or i sleep 11ish but get up at around 2 and then cant get to sleep until 6 (and i get up at 7) arghh annoying

try to listen to really calming music like the best types of songs that help me drop off to sleep are probs use somebody (kings of leon) and all florence and the machine songs

but yeh gd luck with it...i know how you feel

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it is something stress-induced, but try the tiring yourself out by getting up early advice. Exercise to physically tire yourself out might help, too.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.