AS Biology Coursework Edexcel Remark Watch

This discussion is closed.
solarwindstorm
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Is it possible to ask for a remark in AS Biology coursework for Edexcel, although I currently just finished my A2 and I am awaiting results for A-Level?
Mustard-man
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm not sure if coursework can be remarked, exams papers, obviously. I think it can't be remarked because the teachers mark it first, then moderate amongst them, then edexcel moderates it, so its been thoroughly checked.

If your coursework mark is not accurate, the exam board WILL change the mark. This happens quite often. Even so, your mark may drop.

A personal experience: in gcse science the teachers some how marked all my coursework and gave me a grade C. When I got my results slip it actually went up to an A grade!
Mustard-man
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by solarwindstorm)
Is it possible to ask for a remark in AS Biology coursework for Edexcel, although I currently just finished my A2 and I am awaiting results for A-Level?
you could try emailing them, I think its: www.edexcel.org.uk
They're not very keen on replying, (from past experiences)
solarwindstorm
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
thanks for the advice I will try emailing them but I had no luck when I tried to contact AQA....
grumballcake
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by solarwindstorm)
No - you're past the date for Enquiries After Results. If you look on the website, they give a timetable. All requests for re-marking have to be submitted within four weeks of initial notification of the results. http://www.aqa.org.uk/admin/p_results_faq.html#faq11

Once it's been certificated, the only option is to re-take (in January now).
Mustard-man
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by grumballcake)
No - you're past the date for Enquiries After Results. If you look on the website, they give a timetable. All requests for re-marking have to be submitted within four weeks of initial notification of the results. http://www.aqa.org.uk/admin/p_results_faq.html#faq11

Once it's been certificated, the only option is to re-take (in January now).
is that only for aqa though?
grumballcake
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by gordon2002)
is that only for aqa though?
No - I just gave their site because I had a handy reference. All the exam boards have the same dates (the rules are set by the QCA).
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?