Turn on thread page Beta

Attracted to Older Men watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Any other girls attracted to older men?

I'd like to know how to go about meeting them - bear in mind when I say 'older men' I mean the ages of around 30-45. I've never really been attracted to anyone around my age (19) for some reason or another. Perhaps it is the experience and generally higher intellect older men typically have which does it for me, I don't know, but any who I am not particularly picky when it comes to appearance (for my type, think James May, Louis Theroux, Morrissey :o: ).

How do I meet men like this?? Does anyone here have an 'older' guy?

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm 17 and currently dating my driving instructor, who is 46. You can meet older men anywhere, just need the confidence to start a conversation and let them know how you feel....good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Froobie)
    Perhaps it is the experience and generally higher intellect older men typically have which does it for me
    You seem to have confused them being more cultured or sophisticated with having a higher intellect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeputyDog)
    Well I'm 17 and currently dating my driving instructor, who is 46. You can meet older men anywhere, just need the confidence to start a conversation and let them know how you feel....good luck!
    omg are you that AWFUL troll that made the thread about kissing your driving instructor just recently...?

if you are, I have a message for you.

I hate you. that is all.

ReputationRep:
    Well that's just plain dodgy....or your a troll.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Froobie)
    Any other girls attracted to older men?

I'd like to know how to go about meeting them - bear in mind when I say 'older men' I mean the ages of around 30-45. I've never really been attracted to anyone around my age (19) for some reason or another. Perhaps it is the experience and generally higher intellect older men typically have which does it for me, I don't know, but any who I am not particularly picky when it comes to appearance (for my type, think James May, Louis Theroux, Morrissey :o: ).

How do I meet men like this?? Does anyone here have an 'older' guy?
    The grocery store? They always need food...
    Or the bank? Perhaps when the next election comes around, volunteer for your local candidate. A lot of volunteers would be "older" and *hopefully* mature.

ReputationRep:
    EW. 'tis nasty!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoanyLisa)
    Oh, are you Anonymous from the thread a couple of weeks ago who said they kissed their driving instructor and wanted peoples opinions. It looks like you got together then, how did his kids take it?
    Yeh we're now 'together' as in boyfriend/girlfriend, but as for his kids well they don't know yet....not looking forward to meeting them to be honest!!! But my bf says they will be fine with it, he's gonna have a word with them first! Still, it's like pretty nerve racking, way worse than meeting someone's parents even!

Well, I'm 18 and sort of romantically involved with my boss. He's 30. But he's my boss so obviously we met at work.. =/

ReputationRep:
    Yeh we're now 'together' as in boyfriend/girlfriend, but as for his kids well they don't know yet....not looking forward to meeting them to be honest!!! But my bf says they will be fine with it, he's gonna have a word with them first! Still, it's like pretty nerve racking, way worse than meeting someone's parents even!
    Don't meet with the kids! They guna kill ya! :cool:

jk :p: :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I need an old woman

ReputationRep:
    Simple answer to the OP - join an internet dating site .

When my 22 year old female flatmate joined a couple of dating sites last year, she got messaged all the time by men in their 30s and 40s. Some of them were weirdos but some of them seemed like decent blokes who had proper jobs but were divorced or had never married.

There appears to be two types of older male who are actively on the market looking for younger women:
    - Guys who live like Tyler Durden in Fight Club, ie in their late 30s/40s, never been married or in a long term relationship, live in a small flat, look to sleep with as many impressionable younger women as they can
    - Guys who have good jobs and are divorced or never found the right person to settle with, and are aching to find the right person, they have moved their sights onto younger women because they feel paternalistic towards them

If you start dating the first type then expect excitement and fireworks in bed but be prepared to find out that you're not the only female in his life at any one time.
    If you start dating the second type then you will get wined and dined, treated like a princess, taken on breaks to European cities and given a dating experience that student age lads could never manage...but bear in mind the guy is making an investment because he wants you to be his wife and have kids, if you are seeing it as short term fun before finding somebody more your own age, you might find him clingy and hard to get rid of.

ReputationRep:
    Well you (the OP) claim to be going out with your 46 year old driving instructor.

Let's be honest here... He doesn't want you for your riveting conversation and telling stories about how OMFG Katie called Sarah a **** yesterday or how you're a good person because you stick up for the token ginger at your school.

He just wants your axe wound and would gladly put a bag over your head if it wouldn't risk shattering your flawless image of older men ultimately condemning him to a life of masturbation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoanyLisa)
    Yeah, it sounds like it would be. I hope your able to prove all your critics wrong btw.
    Have you told your family yet?
    No but my mum won't care she can't say anything but my dad might be a bit annoyed cus he's paying for the driving lessons lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoulfulBoy)
    I need an old woman
    Same, ****'s :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    I find older men attractive, but most certainly not the one's that you've listed. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kristinaalovesu)
    Don't meet with the kids! They guna kill ya! :cool:

jk :p: :awesome:
    You right. She will be killed like this. :007:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    Simple answer to the OP - join an internet dating site .

When my 22 year old female flatmate joined a couple of dating sites last year, she got messaged all the time by men in their 30s and 40s. Some of them were weirdos but some of them seemed like decent blokes who had proper jobs but were divorced or had never married.

There appears to be two types of older male who are actively on the market looking for younger women:
    - Guys who live like Tyler Durden in Fight Club, ie in their late 30s/40s, never been married or in a long term relationship, live in a small flat, look to sleep with as many impressionable younger women as they can
    - Guys who have good jobs and are divorced or never found the right person to settle with, and are aching to find the right person, they have moved their sights onto younger women because they feel paternalistic towards them

If you start dating the first type then expect excitement and fireworks in bed but be prepared to find out that you're not the only female in his life at any one time.
    If you start dating the second type then you will get wined and dined, treated like a princess, taken on breaks to European cities and given a dating experience that student age lads could never manage...but bear in mind the guy is making an investment because he wants you to be his wife and have kids, if you are seeing it as short term fun before finding somebody more your own age, you might find him clingy and hard to get rid of.
    Master, your posts rocks!

ReputationRep:
    Work. Beware of the married ones.

ReputationRep:
    Beware of the ones who you think would be mature, but aren't.

I was seeing some guy who was nearly 30, professional lawyer etc...
    He thought a plate number '**** GAY' was hilarious, and even made it his fb status.

It didn't last very long.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 20, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.