Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I find some older men attractive and it's so easy to talk to most of them (one guy here said "you can't be saying to him omg Katie called Sarah a ****" but really, every time I'm having something more with a guy of my own age those conversations are basicly the same. I feel like I'm talking to someone who's 15, not 19 yrs old). By older I mean 25-35. But tbh some guys who are older are as immature as 15 yrs old guys. And I'm sure that older guys wouldn't take me seriously. They must be thinking that I'm just a kid or that they couldn't ever date a girl who is 18 or 19 because it's way too young and people would think that he is some kind of a perv. And other people would think me as a golddigger which I'm not (I wouldn't probably accept any special gifts or paid trips because I don't accept them even now).

ReputationRep:
    Yuk, the thought of my 20yo sister going out with a 40 + yo makes me sick.

I think 30yo is the absolute limit of what I think is acceptable, any older is just weird.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WildBerrySpirit)
    I find older men attractive, but most certainly not the one's that you've listed. :eek:
    ditto :eek: james may!! (tho i do have a soft spot for morrissey but thats only because i love his music )

ReputationRep:
    i like older men, but not because of their age.. it's the maturity and focus that i expect comes with the age which i like

there are limits tbh though. i could be attracted to a 40 yo, but wouldn't date. i wouldn't go further than 30, and i'm 21.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pearls_and_lace)
    ditto :eek: james may!! (tho i do have a soft spot for morrissey but thats only because i love his music )
    *continues ditto chain; ditto both*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeputyDog)
    No but my mum won't care she can't say anything but my dad might be a bit annoyed cus he's paying for the driving lessons lol.
    Then why do you pay for your lessons, surely a boyfriend wouldn't charge you.
    Paying to spend time with your 'boyfriend' is not a great start.

On subject, dating older guys is gross. They are like the same age as your dad :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linzikins)
    Then why do you pay for your lessons, surely a boyfriend wouldn't charge you.
    Paying to spend time with your 'boyfriend' is not a great start.

On subject, dating older guys is gross. They are like the same age as your dad :|
    Well my parents are paying for the lessons so my bf isn't charging ME. Well if you don't like older guys fair enough, I fink you'll find most girls do though!

im 20 and have been sleeping with a guy who is 42 from work!!!

ReputationRep:
    I "have" an older guy...10 years so, but...I don't love him because he is older, I love him because he is amazing.

ReputationRep:
    ikr, dating guys in general is gross as well. I mean, they're the same gender as your dad, ffs!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicerao)
    ikr, dating guys in general is gross as well. I mean, they're the same gender as your dad, ffs!
    That's very different from having a relationship with someone that has kids the same age as you.

ReputationRep:
    That's very different from having a relationship with someone that has kids the same age as you.
    1) Not all older men have children.

2) What would be wrong with it? Unless he is actually your father.

ReputationRep:
    1) Not all older men have children.

2) What would be wrong with it? Unless he is actually your father.
    I was refaring to an earlier post in which the older man mentioned had two kids both over the age of the 'girlfriend'. These older men have more than likely been divorced anyway. I didn't say there was anything wrong with it I just said I myself do not approve.

Being 17 and dating a 46 year old is disgusting in my eyes. A year over legal age, its like legal paedophilia, a 17 year old is hardly that different to a 15/16 year old.

ReputationRep:
    I was refaring to an earlier post in which the older man mentioned had two kids both over the age of the 'girlfriend'. These older men have more than likely been divorced anyway. I didn't say there was anything wrong with it I just said I myself do not approve.

Being 17 and dating a 46 year old is disgusting in my eyes. A year over legal age, its like legal paedophilia, a 17 year old is hardly that different to a 15/16 year old.
    With very few exceptions, dating a 15 year old would not be paedophilia either.

ReputationRep:
    With very few exceptions, dating a 15 year old would not be paedophilia either.
    Yes it would as it is the law. Although lots of silly little girls go for older men to try and look cool.

ReputationRep:
    Well yeah, I like them a good 5-6 years older tbh

ReputationRep:
    Yes it would as it is the law. Although lots of silly little girls go for older men to try and look cool.
    You really don't know the meaning of paedophile. You are confusing paedophilia with the age of consent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ManAbout)
    You really don't know the meaning of paedophile. You are confusing paedophilia with the age of consent.
    Same thing. The age of consent is 16. Anyone below that age is a child and it is illegal for an adult to have sex with a child. Which is what paedophiles do, sexually groom and abuse children.

If your 20+ and like older men fair enough but younger than that is stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Froobie)
    Any other girls attracted to older men?

I'd like to know how to go about meeting them - bear in mind when I say 'older men' I mean the ages of around 30-45. I've never really been attracted to anyone around my age (19) for some reason or another. Perhaps it is the experience and generally higher intellect older men typically have which does it for me, I don't know, but any who I am not particularly picky when it comes to appearance (for my type, think James May, Louis Theroux, Morrissey :o: ).

How do I meet men like this?? Does anyone here have an 'older' guy?
    I love older men as well James May and Louis Theroux are two favorites of mine in fact! Especially James May ..... I'm sure we could come to some arrangement about sharing him, we can iron out the details and present him with out proposal I am sure h will be amenable!

Honestly though guys in their 40's are very hot, it's a great age for men they have got their **** togther and still look great and are sexy as hell. However if you go for a 40ish guy at 19 you will have a 60ish guy when you are 40 and a 70ish guy at 50. If you meet and fall for an older man then so be it, don't let the age gap stop you but I wouldn't go out looking for an older man specifically. Just find a guy you like if he is 19 or 25 he will be (all going to plan) 40 somthing one day and you will get to enjoy him at that age.

ReputationRep:
    Same thing. The age of consent is 16. Anyone below that age is a child and it is illegal for an adult to have sex with a child. Which is what paedophiles do, sexually groom and abuse children.

If your 20+ and like older men fair enough but younger than that is stupid.
    You can be a paedophile without haing sex with anyone, without sexually grooming anyone and without abusing someone.

Paedophile:
    a psychological disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a sexual preference for prepubescent children.
    Note: sexual preference (in the same way that someone can be gay without actually physically taking parts in homosexual acts.)
    prepubescent (which a 15 year old very rarely is.)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 20, 2010
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.