The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

get a tattoo to cover it up?

or possibly some sort of makeup :/

or make up a story of falling onto a load of glass bottles and slicing your arm up
Reply 2
Just say you don't like showing your arms off. Not the toughest of problems I've ever heard.

Then go get some help and stop cutting yourself up.
Hmmm, banadge your arm up properly and say you fell over at school or something and need to keep it on? All I can think of is some form of bandage, but you'll need to come up with a good excuse to keep it on :frown:
Reply 4
Get an arm cast. I wouldn't recommend taking your SH to the extreme of breaking bones though.

I would recommend getting some help, and trying to open up to your family.
Reply 5
Yes, bandage it up and say that you've been told to keep it on since you're going to a hot climate and the humidity could aggravate whatever it is you have. And you can't get it wet.

Or you could buy some kind of makeup made to cover scars/tattoos. But that's not practical. Or you could draw a tattoo on with henna or something and tell people that it's new, hence the scratches/scabs...
Reply 6
I am getting help already
Reply 7
Sucks to be you, you sound like a loser. Could you literally coat your arm in foundation?
Reply 8
And to everyone: I can't use excuses that i fell into glass or anything, its very very very clearly self harm, glass wouldn't cut such perfectly straight lines all over my arm ^^
Reply 9
Hectristic
Sucks to be you, you sound like a loser. Could you literally coat your arm in foundation?

I am. ^^
Reply 10
Sit inside the hotel with the curtains up listening to My Chemical ROmance, if they ask you about it, tell them its because your not a comformist. Then continue to write poetry and be all 'deep'.

Edit: (let the Negs rain upon me)
Daya
Yes, bandage it up and say that you've been told to keep it on since you're going to a hot climate and the humidity could aggravate whatever it is you have. And you can't get it wet.

Or you could buy some kind of makeup made to cover scars/tattoos. But that's not practical. Or you could draw a tattoo on with henna or something and tell people that it's new, hence the scratches/scabs...

i'd say a henna tattoo is possibly quite a good bet if you dont want to commit to a real one.
Reply 12
Make up will be too obvious plus you'll probably sweat it off. I think you're only option is a bandage, unless its only around your wrist you can get away with using a sweat band? Or i would suggest getting very burnt on the first day then you can use that excuse to be constantly covered up.
Ignore the negative posts in this thread, OP. You should seek help with your SH, and I agree with the bandaging up your arm, it sounds like the only plausible way to keep your arm covered at all times.
IF they're healing (you can't use it on open wounds/scabs), get some Dermablend for it. I used it on some pretty heavy SH scarring and it's brilliant. As long as you apply it properly, let it dry and then put setting powder on it, it's like industrial strength stuff. It's waterproof as well, though if you're in the water for a very long time you might have to reapply it. Get the Leg and Body cover creme and the loose setting powder. It wouldn't work on fresh cuts though, or keloid scars if you have them.

Another idea is to get some very light, long sleeved shirts for the evenings or if you go out.
Reply 15
James4d
Sit inside the hotel with the curtains up listening to My Chemical ROmance, if they ask you about it, tell them its because your not a comformist. Then continue to write poetry and be all 'deep'.

Edit: (let the Negs rain upon me)

Lol, you don't think I've heard all that crap before?

I used to be like you, taking the piss out of self harmers, and metalcore, or emo music, about how the lyrics are *deep* , and *OOOHH SO INTELLECTUALLY SECRETIVE*

hehe, its kind of back fired within the past year ^^
EDIT: Although, I must say, I am quite good at writing dark poems ^^
Reply 16

Something like this would probably be fine.
As a few people have suggested, henna tattoo? Or you need a bandage/cast of some sort, but it would need to be something that you could say you're not allowed to take off, so probably not just a tubigrip. How bad is the scarring? I mean....this is going to sound so insensitive, but could you try and limit the cutting to a smallish area of your arm that could be covered up by a large dressing (say you got cut by something, or something like that) and then try and clear up the scars that are already there by then? I understand that it's really hard and when you get the urge to self-harm you will do it anyway, but the smaller the area to be covered over the easier it will be. And good luck with getting it sorted x
Reply 18
anon4042
Lol, you don't think I've heard all that crap before?

I used to be like you, taking the piss out of self harmers, and metalcore, or emo music, about how the lyrics are *deep* , and *OOOHH SO INTELLECTUALLY SECRETIVE*

hehe, its kind of back fired within the past year ^^
EDIT: Although, I must say, I am quite good at writing dark poems ^^

Can I ask why you do it, or why you started? Surely it must have been a phase, to get some attention maybe? I've only met one self-harmer, who was the biggest attention-whore I've met- cant see how its an addiction some will power and, sorry to use the phrase, common sense, will end.
Reply 19
A close fitting arm bandage, the kind they out on sprain injures would be best.

You can buy them at places like Superdrug and Boots. Maybe even Wilkinson's.

But do get some help. :puppyeyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending