Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    gg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChopinNocturne)
    :rofl:
    And Rev, where have you been?! Haven't spoken to you for aaaaages :sad:
    Where have I been? Where have I ever been?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chronic_fatigue)
    What the hell?!?!? They are making Year 8s choose GCSEs now?!!
    I did my SATS in year 8 and started my GCSE's in year 9. I did some BTEC's as well though.

My school is rubbish that's why.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shashy)
    i seriously cant do modern foreign languages, i just chose Spanish because I have to do 1 and im better at it than french, wouldnt it be good if my school did a hindi GCSE?
    ooohhh i see then yep spanish is probs the best option and i did french and spanish and spanish is defo easier

haha im sure if you're really keen you could do that out of school cos loads of people do stuff like that but like someone else has said with regard to quantity, its all about quality

i did (only) 10 GCSEs and 3 a levels and that hasnt inhibited me at all and nor should it to anyone else

gd luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revolution is my Name)
    Where have I been? Where have I ever been?
    :dontknow: I just seem to have e-bumped into you a lot less recently...must just be me not being very awake!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChopinNocturne)
    :dontknow: I just seem to have e-bumped into you a lot less recently...must just be me not being very awake!!
    In the school quiz I just got back from (which we won :woo: ), there was a question along the lines of "Which 19th Century pianist was famous for writing 21 nocturnes?", and I sat there for a while thinking " :beard: where I have seen the word "Nocturne" before", and then it dawned on me :awesome: . So thanks for that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revolution is my Name)
    In the school quiz I just got back from (which we won :woo: ), there was a question along the lines of "Which 19th Century pianist was famous for writing 21 nocturnes?", and I sat there for a while thinking " :beard: where I have seen the word "Nocturne" before", and then it dawned on me :awesome: . So thanks for that.
    Repped for that :yep: and well done on winning!!

ReputationRep:
    right this is a continuation from the last thread (and ty for all your help btw) and i have one slot im not sure about and the choices are r.s, latin, or d.t.

RS
    were doing hinduism and im hindu so.....

latin
    respected subject?? but hard and i have quite a lot on my hands anyway...

dt
    enjoy it and seems quite relxing and generally good but is it respected as much as latin or rs??

ty for any posts

ReputationRep:
    right this is a continuation from the last thread (and ty for all your help btw ) and i have one slot im not sure about and the choices are r.s, latin, or d.t.

RS
    were doing hinduism and im hindu so.....

latin
    respected subject?? but hard and i have quite a lot on my hands anyway...

dt
    enjoy it and seems quite relaxing and generally good but is it respected as much as latin or rs??

ty for any posts

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.