Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How important is nice smell on a guy/girl? watch

ReputationRep:
    Obviously we all hate the smell of BO, but not everyone kicks of that, so let's leave that one side. How important is nice smell on a guy/girl? For me, I like a nice smell on a girl, but not one that is too strong.

ReputationRep:
    As long its not really strong cheap perfume or BO, I'm not too fussed

ReputationRep:
    I like some guys' BO but not too strong. I find it manly and very very sexy :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to know this about girls, because I rarely ever wear perfume, but I know I should, but how much do boys even notice it?

ReputationRep:
    I Like A Pooey Smell

ReputationRep:
    it doesn;t matter whether or not the guy or girl smell nice (although its good if they do)

ReputationRep:
    It has to be nice, because it is a distinguishing factor for your partner. You can't really ignore bad smells.
    And it has to be strong enough to be identifiable, but you shouldn't reek of it. If someone comes within a couple of inches of you, they should be able to catch your scent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrluvaluva)
    I Like A Pooey Smell
    Caps locks fail. And that wasn't funny.

ReputationRep:
    I dont find perfume that attractive. More often than not girls overdo it, and then its just unpleasant. A bit is ok, gives you character

ReputationRep:
    I love a nice smell on a guy, a nice aftershave :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linkdapink)
    I'd like to know this about girls, because I rarely ever wear perfume, but I know I should, but how much do boys even notice it?
    I think they notice it a lot less than some people think.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's very important. Nice smell is a big turn on :fan:

ReputationRep:
    This thread reminds me of my old chemistry teacher she had BO and use to spray nasty perfumes onto herself. I would do a little cry everytime she said "are you stuck on a question, want me to help you".

But yeah it's not nice, and I'd rather smell the natural senses of the girl Im with rather than some overpowering perfume.:cool:

ReputationRep:
    Not at all important.

Obviously a nice smell is nice. And a bad smell is bad. But if you don't have any noticeable smell, it's not something anyone will judge you by, since they won't even be thinking about the way you smell.

ReputationRep:
    I always notice it, wouldn't say it was the most important thing but it definately does something for me :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Not too important. If she doesn't smell at all, it's alright. If she does smell nice, it's pretty cool though.

ReputationRep:
    I really do think it's important. I associate different perfumes/ aftershaves with different people, and I love it when I can smell something familiar that just 'belongs' to a person. People always tell me that they love that they always think of me whenever they come across my perfume, which I also feel about others There was a guy at a party the other day wearing the aftershave that one of my male friends wears and I was like "CKOne! Yaaaaay!", hahaha

ReputationRep:
    Quite a bit. A nice smell is always lovely

The other day my friend said I smelt nice so I think it depends on the smell on how much you put on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the.white.rabbit)
    I love a nice smell on a guy, a nice aftershave :love:
    ooooh, a girl after my own heart. When guys smell nice, and they hug you.... phwoar. :yep:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.