Turn on thread page Beta

Who is already revising? watch

ReputationRep:
    It's impossible to revise at this point? How much could you have possibly learned in the last week?

You can't REVISE whilst keeping up with all the new content. I suppose there's a bit of sypnotic things to do for A2 but those will be easy and shouldn't take more than a week per subject.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just doing the homework, and some extra. Thats about it.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't started revising yet but as i had no exams in January - one of the few people in my entire year - i've began making revision notes into books ready for revision. Proper revision will start about March [Exam questions/memorizing all the stuff], but i've been doing around an hours revision note-taking a night since say a week and a half ago.

ReputationRep:
    I think its fine to go over stuff a few months before the exam, that way when it comes to a month or so before the exam you will know everything and therefore just need to do past papers and understand the exam technique! Better early than late

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nextmove)
    It's impossible to revise at this point? How much could you have possibly learned in the last week?

You can't REVISE whilst keeping up with all the new content. I suppose there's a bit of sypnotic things to do for A2 but those will be easy and shouldn't take more than a week per subject.
    What about everything you have learnt since September though?

ReputationRep:
    Damn guys this is early! You've only just finished jan modules - CHILL! I am all pro 'don't leave revision too late' and all but come on, surely starting this early will be of no use as you'd probably forget everything in May/June time!?! :p:

ReputationRep:
    My last exam was on the 2nd of Feb - I'm going to start revising / teaching myself R.S A2, as my teacher started teaching - but has been off sick for a considerable time, and probably will not be coming back.

Otherwise I wont start properly revising until May.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nextmove)

This. I don't know why they expect med students to be able to do it for our exams though - its drives me insane! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Last year (AS) I said to myself I'll start in March but when I came round to it I found that I had wayyy more to do than I expected. I was LEARNING suff not revising. Definitely start now.

ReputationRep:
    mid-march for me but its more casual where I just make some detailed notes etc.
    mid-april it gets a bit more frantic.

ReputationRep:
    Is it worth making all the notes now tho so there's less to do by june?

(This thread scares me)... :s:

ReputationRep:
    Really need to learn let alone revise for music, and re-read for literature
    going to start making revision notes etc in the half term
    It's just hard because I have my major project in design which I'm behind in and I have the art exam to prepare for anddd my music composition at the moment

Think it'll be a late night again because of homework

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mydearthing)
    Is it worth making all the notes now tho so there's less to do by june?

(This thread scares me)... :s:
    Make notes now and keep them safe, so when you start to revise in say a months time you've got detailed concise notes to revise from, rather than having to do hours writing out notes/revising and practising papers.

ReputationRep:
    Im not revising as yet, but summer exams seem like they're going to be really hard especially with the subjects ive taken
    I think i'll start revising in the Feb half term.

ReputationRep:
    I'll start revising during ski week...i guess....really wanna make the uni points and go to UCL next year...*fingers crossed!*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Casshern1456)
    I've not started revising hense why I'm on TSR:o:
    But I will have to get going on revision, I've got an estimated 10 exams for the summer some resitting As and A2's.
    woow and then people frown at me wen i tell them i got 8

ReputationRep:
    No way revising, have heaps upon heaps of coursework :'( sadly! Most people I know are planning to start this half term holidays

ReputationRep:
    Are you having a laugh! I've only just stopped revising for the January exams, few more weeks off first

ReputationRep:
    I wish I could but I have my History enquiry coursework to do as well as lots of other work so I guess I'll start when I get time. Ideally, 1st March. Realistically, Easter holidays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    Damn guys this is early! You've only just finished jan modules - CHILL! I am all pro 'don't leave revision too late' and all but come on, surely starting this early will be of no use as you'd probably forget everything in May/June time!?! :p:
    Not necessarily. For those who have subjects that require understanding and not short term memory to pass the exams, it's beneficial. Understanding only gets better with more reading, more practice over more time :yep:

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.