Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Crazy people, I assume. Then again, I had a Politics mock last Monday and I'm sure I got a B in it with less revision than usual (ie. actually none. Went to Subway instead lol) and an A in my French mock on Tues (but we were doing the bits I find piss easy, so yeah).

I guess I'm just one of those people who's lucky they're naturally smart, 'cause I'm lazy as ****. Won't be starting revision until May probably.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Playboy King)
    Not necessarily. For those who have subjects that require understanding and not short term memory to pass the exams, it's beneficial. Understanding only gets better with more reading, more practice over more time :yep:
    Really really good point!

I am still in my blowout period from the exams just finished,which pretty much consists of napping and going out on the razzle.
    I get why people revise early but I always seem to forget it,you only really learn stuff on the last few weeks,when the fear of failure kicks in.
    Maybe thats just me,and thats probably the reason I have lost so much academic potential.

ReputationRep:
    It would have been interesting to add a poll to this thread.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to start revising after I finish my M1 that will probably be at the beginning of March

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Wow. I haven't even started learning the new units in college, let alone revising for them! :O

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'll defo start tommorow then because everyone else has.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Playboy King)
    Not necessarily. For those who have subjects that require understanding and not short term memory to pass the exams, it's beneficial. Understanding only gets better with more reading, more practice over more time :yep:
    Yes, A Levels can be tough but they don't put that much information into them that warrants starting revision this early just to understand the concepts. I just did them last year so I should know - yes even the ones that required "understanding and not short term memory to pass".

Granted some people (including myself) like to start revision early - and I mentioned that I don't find a problem with that - but you mean to say starting in Feb for an A Level exam in May/June isn't a tad bit premature?!?! :shock: Even my friends I know at various unis (and uni exams are a big step up from A Levels) didn't start revision this early and they've managed to make it through. I know everyone is different and all that, but starting this early will just mean that you'll get exhausted and fed up of everything by the time it actually gets to crunch time - and thats not what you want! moreover, you've just finished Jan exams - calm down! You're going to be learning for atleast three more years when you get to uni! :p:

Its like the tortoise and the hare analogy: how many people can run flat out in a long distance race without getting exhausted? Its the slow and steady tortoise thats wins!

ReputationRep:
    ive basically finished revising C2 for my June exam, because ive done C1 in january, and so ive done C2 in one month, so now i just need to practice c2 q's because i know the basic concept.

ReputationRep:
    for me.....my mums got me on an eductaional lock down...cnat evn mke it to me freinds surprise b-dai at her house...ive persuaded her 2 let me go out 1nce during half term....

im going through the solomon at the mo! and gna start bio soon! i gt alota re-sits to do aswell! nt lukin 4ward 2 dem!

ReputationRep:
    My proper revision starts next week half term, actually going to draw up revision table..
    At the moment just trying to finish homework

ReputationRep:
    not yet but from friday i'm gonna start revising for my mocks then from there i'm just gonna keep on revising until summer exams xD i'm really nervous about me exams because i need AAB and i only got ABB at AS with a LOT of effort. Worried that even doing ridiculous amounts of revision wont get me my grades.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.