Turn on thread page Beta

One sided relationship watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

I've got a problem in the fact that my boyfriend doesn't feel as strongly about me as i do about him. I love him, but he doesn't love me. He cares for me i'm sure but I know he doesn't reciprocate the way I feel.
    I don't know what to do, it's destroying me thinking about this all the time and clinging on to the perhaps false hope he'll grow to like me. Is it best to end it as I feel this is unhealthy

ReputationRep:
    Wrong forum..

OT- How do you know he doesn't feel as strongly about you?- Ask him, i'm sure you'll be mistaken.

ReputationRep:
    How far in the relationship are you?

ReputationRep:
    yeah some people fall quicker than others..so depends how long you've been going out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Corrosive Blossom)
    Wrong forum..

OT- How do you know he doesn't feel as strongly about you?- Ask him, i'm sure you'll be mistaken.
    He's not comfortable talking about feelings, hes quite a closed up person so I don't think it would be appropriate to ask him.

But in general he doesn't ever really compliment me or care about how I feel that much, I get the impression if I was to confide in him he'd be a bit pissed off whereas I care about how he feels and if he ever was sad or whatever I'd do whatever it took to make him happy. It's general disparities like that that make me feel this way it's quite hard to describe but I can tell the feeling isn't mutual.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metrostation22)
    yeah some people fall quicker than others..so depends how long you've been going out?
    We've only been going out for about 2 months but I had been infatuated long before that. So I know I probably sound stupid and immature expressing my love so early on but it is genuinely how I feel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IDareYou)
    We've only been going out for about 2 months but I had been infatuated long before that. So I know I probably sound stupid and immature expressing my love so early on but it is genuinely how I feel.
    I'd say you need to take a step back & chill out a bit. Don't rush it due to being young and naive. Just enjoy the relationship for how it is. If you still feel this way in say 4 months, then maybe re-assess the relationship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steezy)
    I'd say you need to take a step back & chill out a bit. Don't rush it due to being young and naive. Just enjoy the relationship for how it is. If you still feel this way in say 4 months, then maybe re-assess the relationship.
    Whether I'm rushing it or not, it still bothers me that he doesn't feel this way too.

ReputationRep:
    Whether I'm rushing it or not, it still bothers me that he doesn't feel this way too.

Well that's up to you. What I'm saying is - for a two month relationship you're getting a bit full on.

If I'm completely honest with you, if I was ur b/f and you told me you were in love with me after 2 months, I'd get a bit freaked & probably end the relationship.

So basically my advice to you is to chill

ReputationRep:
    It can take a girl just a few days, but a guy a year or two.

He's not comfortable talking about feelings, hes quite a closed up person so I don't think it would be appropriate to ask him.
    A great relationship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)

A great relationship.
    I didn't say my love for him was logical or that we have a perfect relationship

ReputationRep:
    Well that's up to you. What I'm saying is - for a two month relationship you're getting a bit full on.

If I'm completely honest with you, if I was ur b/f and you told me you were in love with me after 2 months, I'd get a bit freaked & probably end the relationship.

So basically my advice to you is to chill
    I haven't told him and aren't planning to, because of the reasons i mentioned above
    And also, i can't control my feelings. I'd love to not care that much but unfortunately I can't make myself apathetic and 'chill'

ReputationRep:
    I haven't told him and aren't planning to, because of the reasons i mentioned above
    And also, i can't control my feelings. I'd love to not care that much but unfortunately I can't make myself apathetic and 'chill'
    Well then at the risk of sounding cold, I don't really know what you expect from this thread. Ur bf is probably taking things slow and ur being a bit needy

ReputationRep:
    Well then at the risk of sounding cold, I don't really know what you expect from this thread. Ur bf is probably taking things slow and ur being a bit needy
    What I'm expecting from this thread is the question i posed in my original post, which is some advice on my thoughts on ending it because this is unhealthy

ReputationRep:
    What I'm expecting from this thread is the question i posed in my original post, which is some advice on my thoughts on ending it because this is unhealthy
    Well then I'd say only you know how ur feeling, if u don't think your bf is interested then end it. You won't change how he's feeling and if you're constantly feeling sad, it's not worth it. I do however feel you should try to realise that u may be being a bit irrational

ReputationRep:
    i always fall faster than the girl does, you just get used to it and accept it as a fact of relationships.
    and i'm sorry but you really don't love him.

wait a few more months, if he's still being closed off etc then get rid of him. although obviously talk about this before then

ReputationRep:
    I didn't say my love for him was logical or that we have a perfect relationship
    I know, I was just letting you know, in my own way, that you'll be in a new relationship by autumn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    I know, I was just letting you know, in my own way, that you'll be in a new relationship by autumn.
    this could be a stupid question, but why will i be in a new relationship by autumn i dont get it lol

ReputationRep:
    this could be a stupid question, but why will i be in a new relationship by autumn i dont get it lol
    Well ok: New relationship or single.

ReputationRep:
    Or in a mental hospital, clutching a photo of said boyfriend, rocking back & forth.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 10, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.