Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls, do you get annoyed if someone new joins your friendship group? watch

ReputationRep:
    Obviously, if someone in the group doesn't want you there then they probably won't pay any attention to you. What if they do pay attention to you, include you in the group etc. but they secretly hate the fact that you're trying to join their friendship group? Girls are majorly *****y after all.

So, if someone actually includes you in the group and makes you feel comfortable, would you think that they don't mind you joining their group long term....? Or is it just an act?
    Asking them would be awkward...like "Hi, do you mind if I hang out with you guyzzzzz....." :eyeball:

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a friendship group so I don't know. Most of the time I flit between about 3/4 different groups but sometimes I can sense it's awkward because they are talking about something private that I, since I don't belong in any group, am not meant to know. So I just go to another group then haha :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S_123)
    I don't have a friendship group so I don't know. Most of the time I flit between about 3/4 different groups but sometimes I can sense it's awkward because they are talking about something private that I, since I don't belong in any group, am not meant to know. So I just go to another group then haha :laugh:
    lol but don't you feel a bit sad because you don't belong in a specific group?

ReputationRep:
    A lovely new girl joined our 'group' lastweek, she's new to the area. There are only 6 of us, but she fits in and we all get along.

If you get along with them all, I wouldn't see any problem with staying longterm, only time will tell if its an 'act'

ReputationRep:
    No, the more friends you have, the better time you have. I don't have a friendship group per se, but I have a group of 3 other girls I can spend a lot of my time with because we're all part of the same rowing team, then a couple of boys I can spend time with even if I'm with my "friendship group", and then another girl I'm really close to but doesn't hang around with us as often, then other friends and then some aquaintances. I try and branch out as much as I can really. If I spend too much time with the same group of people I feel quite insular, but university allows you to diversify your friendship group a bit. Basically it's the more the merrier. I enjoy going out with people I don't normally go out with, but at the same time I have a group of friends I can almost "rely" on to go places with or talk to.

ReputationRep:
    Well u'll always find one evil cow.. lol
    And it usually takes a while to realise, so may as well give any prospective new friendship group a try.. by gradually spending more time with them..
    And bigger groups are more fun, and if you have an argument with a person, you aren't left alone..

ReputationRep:
    If I can tell if she's secretly a fake and putting on a show temporarily then she's out. It happens and it's not at all down to earth.

If she's nice and looks like fun company then of course

(Original post by Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.)
    Obviously, if someone in the group doesn't want you there then they probably won't pay any attention to you. What if they do pay attention to you, include you in the group etc. but they secretly hate the fact that you're trying to join their friendship group? Girls are majorly *****y after all.

So, if someone actually includes you in the group and makes you feel comfortable, would you think that they don't mind you joining their group long term....? Or is it just an act?
    Asking them would be awkward...like "Hi, do you mind if I hang out with you guyzzzzz....." :eyeball:
    When a girl once wanted to join our friendship group, I was ok with it. She was friendly, we had stuff in common and we clicked nearly straight away (which is weird as I usually find it hard to click with others straight away). The problem started when my other friends paid lots of attention to her, and I already before she joined felt I was the least liked member of the friendship group, so when she joined I was basically "kicked out". It started when another long-time friend had a sleepover and it was before the four of us, but then she said there were only space for 4 and the new girl got invited instead of me. I know it sounds a little petty for me to be saying this, but yes I got jealous. I know it's not necessarily the girl's fault, but what happened as a result really upset me. I think that's probably what girls fear most, rather than just the annoying bit of not liking them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S_123)
    I did that at school cause im so bad at making friends. Often girls don't have the guts to just tell the person to go away so they start playing mind games, to try and make them get the message. Usually most members don't mind but there's usually one selfish ******** that turns the others against the new person. I hate girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.)
    lol but don't you feel a bit sad because you don't belong in a specific group?
    Yep. Quite often actually :laugh: But what are you going to do? I don't want to lose friendships with other people just so I can be part of a group. I do have a mini group of my best friends but the three of us belong to different 'groups' ourselves anyway so I flit between their 'groups' and some others. I go to an all girl school so groups and cliques are like the main shizzle :p:

ReputationRep:
    um no, as long as theyre friendly and not overly clingy!

ReputationRep:
    I have nice friends, so if we like someone, we act like we like someone :yep:
    And personally, I LOVE new friends :love:!
    Why do you ask OP?

ReputationRep:
    Why is there always one evil ***** you don't get on with when you're invited to a new group?

ReputationRep:
    Oh god I hate it when new people try to join our group.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 10, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.