Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Vampyrcorn)
    So you made a joke that they found offensive, and even though they know it wasn't intended seriously they're still sulking about it weeks later? Because their friends convinced them that they should be offended?

It sounds like your friend just wants attention or likes the drama. I think you should just forget about it and act like nothing has happened, they'll get over it eventually. I think if you carry on apologising then you'll end up blowing it even more out of proportion.
    It was more like I said something which on its own would have been fine but then people decided to add to it and take it far and because I made the initial statement I'm held liable for the whole fiasco. I get how my friend just felt pinpointed by the end of it even though it all started off as a joke.

And they have tried to look past it.. it's just every now and then I might say something like e.g. "why is everyone always making assumptions?" and that'll be relayed back to me sarcastically because it links in with what happened. And more stuff like that where its an indirect dig which obv means theres still abit of a grudge going on. I wish it would go awayyyyyy.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2010
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.