Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Feel jealous and unhappy what can i do? watch

Anon because friend frequents these forums

I have had some problems recently. My friend has just got into a new relationship with a girl he works with and has known her there for a few years. I am happy for them, however I do feel a little jealous. It was only 2 months or so ago he broke up for the second time his ex girlfriend of 3 years, and he has got into a relationship very quickly. She is a lovely girl and very pretty, and so I am envious and jealous of him for a few reasons.

1) I have never had someone who I have seen often or who lives closer. All of my relationships have stemmed from internet dating, and they live at least an hour and a half away! She is round his house almost every day. I have never had girlfriend stay round my house ever, even at uni! Always me visiting.

2) I have been rejected in the past a few times for reasons like "it would ruin our friendship" This after just a few months or even a few weeks knowing the girl. Now onto the situation with my friend and his new girlfrien, they have known each other for 2 and a bit years, but did one of them mention that it would ruin the friendship, of course not.

I have been suspicious of people giving reasons like "it would ruin our friendship". But now that my friend has said hes with someone who hes known for more than 2 years at work, it confirms my suspicions that its a cop out!

I have been given other reaons /other strange strange comments by women in the past such as:

"you are too good for me"
    "come back in 3 or 4 years time"
    "you would make a good husband"
    "you are a real life mr darcy - you would be the perfect boyfriend". - that by someone who I had no interest in

So what could I do. Am i picking the wrong women or something wrong with me ( I have been messed around so many times!). Is it ok/understandable to be jealous?

Any tips on meeting people who actually live within London or close by - considering Internet dating is my main resource for this, as I dont know too many people and I am shy!
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2010
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.