Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

im a 18yr old girl who is falling in love with a 15yr old boy... HELP ! i need advice watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Erm .... can anyone help me im an 18 yr old girl and im falling in love with my friend who is a 15 yr old boy ? can we hav a relationship or not ?. He is 16 in june, alhtough he is very mature, has previously gone thro heartbrake and generally says he wants to be with me, look after me and treat me well. im totally head over heals, and we get on sooo well.

But this 15yr old boy... his 17 yr old brother is also a friend of mine. i have been friends with his brother for longer, but also had sexual relations with him in the past. Although he was the one using me and never truly loved me, it was all just fun. Anyway my relations with his brother ended years ago, ad i have stayed friends with his brother. But now im totally in love with his younger brother and he says he loves me too.

But is it ok for an 18yr old girl to go out with a 15/16yr old boy ?. especially when i have history with his older brother ? help !!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    It's fine.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, It sounds like you are settling for second best. You're young, and it does sounds slightly ... strange. Maybe you should wait till june, see how you feeling go. If it's love, the feeling can last till then.
    Don't worry what others think, be yourself. Don't do anything you'll regret

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there's anything wrong with it. Though I'd wait till he's 16 before having sex.

ReputationRep:
    Go for it, but if you want to have sex with each other wait until june, simples

ReputationRep:
    Niceeeeee

ReputationRep:
    Male jailbait :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    i think it's perfectly fine, i was 15 when i started going out with my boyfriend who was 18 at the time.
    the past is the past to be fair, but does the boy know you had something with his brother? 'cause that might need to be disscussed.
    good luck

ReputationRep:
    there is nothing wrong with the girl bieng older by 3 years.....its just that you may want to have a talk about the relationship with him beforehand, so you both know where you stand and make sure there are going to be no problems with his older brother

ReputationRep:
    That boy must feel like a SUPER DON:cool:

ReputationRep:
    wow the awkwardness of you three in a room.:eek:

ReputationRep:
    It's fine.

ReputationRep:
    it wouldnt be as weird if he was 16 haha wait til then

ReputationRep:
    thanx for the advice everyone, by the way he knows i have history with his brother and thinks his brother is a complete idiot for treating me like crap and using me. so i suppose that makes things a little easier ??

ReputationRep:
    Well if you like him then go for it but it seems a bit... strange. At 15-years-old it's likely he is going to be very immature whilst at 18-years-old you're much more likely to be fairly mature. You say he is very mature which is fair enough because some are like that (I think I was very mature for my age when I was 15) but is it something that really is viable?

I'm gonna assume you are either going to go or already go to uni and will meet so many new people - might be a bit weird explaining how your boyfriend is still doing his GCSEs. But, of course, if you really like him then go for it - someone like me posting on TSR saying "you shouldn't" should in now way stop you from doing what YOU want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael XYZ)
    Well if you like him then go for it but it seems a bit... strange. At 15-years-old it's likely he is going to be very immature whilst at 18-years-old you're much more likely to be fairly mature. You say he is very mature which is fair enough because some are like that (I think I was very mature for my age when I was 15) but is it something that really is viable?

I'm gonna assume you are either going to go or already go to uni and will meet so many new people - might be a bit weird explaining how your boyfriend is still doing his GCSEs. But, of course, if you really like him then go for it - someone like me posting on TSR saying "you shouldn't" should in now way stop you from doing what YOU want.
    Hey !, u seem very mature, much like myself and you also hav some very valid points. which are constantly runnin through my mind. he will be going into the 6th form or possible the navy in september, and i will be goining to university, so u are right it will be difficult. but the feelings we have for eachother seem like we should at least give it a go. obviously we wouldnt have sex till he is 16. Although he has been with another girl before, that too being a long eterm relationship. and what u said about him being immature... i did consider this but not for one second when i am with him do i consider him to b younger than me it feels as if we are both 18, and he practically looks 17/18 anyway. Same height as me quite stocky etc. So at least if we were walkin down the street with eachother its not gonna look weird ?> what do u think ?? sorry for asking you but u gave such a gd response u seem like the right person to ask.?

ReputationRep:
    What the :confused: what are you on about? I'm 19!
    ...and I'm not a boy, all man...babay :wink2:
    shows how much you've been paying attention to me :rant:

Phone Jeremy Kyle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dancer25)
    Hey !, u seem very mature, much like myself and you also hav some very valid points. which are constantly runnin through my mind. he will be going into the 6th form or possible the navy in september, and i will be goining to university, so u are right it will be difficult. but the feelings we have for eachother seem like we should at least give it a go. obviously we wouldnt have sex till he is 16. Although he has been with another girl before, that too being a long eterm relationship. and what u said about him being immature... i did consider this but not for one second when i am with him do i consider him to b younger than me it feels as if we are both 18, and he practically looks 17/18 anyway. Same height as me quite stocky etc. So at least if we were walkin down the street with eachother its not gonna look weird ?> what do u think ?? sorry for asking you but u gave such a gd response u seem like the right person to ask.?
    Well I can be fairly cynical but then also quite a romantic. I think like you said - just give it a go. So many people on these forums are very blunt on what they think you should or shouldn't do but why not just give it a go and if it ends up that you break up well then at least you tried? Sure, if you do go out together and it doesn't work it will bring a lot of heartache but I can see that you probably like him quite a lot and so not trying to have a relationship will probably be worse and will just taunt your mind with constant "what ifs".

Good luck and I hope it works out for you. Hopefully the brother thing isn't too weird but it depends on if you let it do so. I think if you think it's fine and so does he then that's all that really matters at the end of day.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2010
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.