Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    1st, not slowing down enough driving towards a give way line, even though I stopped in time.
    2nd, hit the kerb on turn in road
    3rd, for apparently not reacting to a road sign - I slowed down to ensure I saw it properly and acted appropriately!
    4th, passed!

In all of them I had 3 minors as well. Been driving now for 6 months and have driven many many places outside of my home town! I would be lost without being able to drive now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurah5498)
    1 - 17 minors, pulled out at a junction when something was coming and gave way to the left on a roundabout during a moment of madness

2 - 4 minors, went into first gear coming off a 70mph dual carriageway and came in too quickly on an overtake

3 - PASSED with 13 minors

I hold the record amongst my friends and driving instructor for getting the most minors in a test

EPIC, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has done this! Only the once though :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SFsuck)
    lol... women drivers :P
    lol im terrible :teehee:, as soon as i get into my car im on a mission and i dont let anyone stop me :lol: :auto:

ReputationRep:
    1) Didn't see a car while doing my parallel park.

2) (I did this one a few hours ago) Apparently while meeting traffic, I got a bit too close to a parked car...can they really fail me on this? *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    i failed today cause i went through a red light.. the examiner almost had a heart attack...

everything else was fine though.. slightly raging, but know for next time

ReputationRep:
    1st time- Foot started shaking and stalled on a hill and rolled back, oversteering

2nd time- Didn't check blind spot properly during bay park, went over a give way line, didnt see a traffic light turn green because I was talking to the examinar

3rd time- Leg started shaking then stalled at a large roundabout and then kept stalling whilst trying to start the car for about 2 mins (very angry traffic behind me)

4th time lucky? Maybe...

ReputationRep:
    1) Went too near a cyclist (I actually said "****" out loud. Hahahahahaha) and then I went over a curb (apparently...)

2) ... qui sait? we will see ad:

ReputationRep:
    failed my first test couple weeks ago
    got 2 majors and 4 minors
    first major was wrong lane at a round about and cut the driver up to my left lane. (i didnt realise this but thats what i got told)
    2nd major was on a127 and a point were it goes from a 70 to 40 and i was having trouble changing lanes and didnt see the sign and was doing about 50-60

got my 2nd test booked next month
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    1st time - tried to force my way out of a junction when it was unsafe (6 minors)
    2nd time - almost hit a parked car during a meeting situation, the examiner lunged for the steering wheel :o: (4 minors)
    3rd time lucky for me (2 minors)

ReputationRep:
    First test - Didn't indicate when pulling over on a residential street when a car was behind me. Apparently didn't check mirrors coming off a roundabou aswell but that was a LIE stupid cheif examiner.
    Second test lucky I hope!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeedToPass)
    1st time- Foot started shaking and stalled on a hill and rolled back, oversteering

2nd time- Didn't check blind spot properly during bay park, went over a give way line, didnt see a traffic light turn green because I was talking to the examinar

3rd time- Leg started shaking then stalled at a large roundabout and then kept stalling whilst trying to start the car for about 2 mins (very angry traffic behind me)

4th time lucky? Maybe...

lol i'm convinced people just make us nervous before by putting lots of pressure on us...
    lol i was so sure i failed my test cause i thought i hit a kerb (turns out i didn't it was a grating) so i mentally gave up, then went through a red light, the examiner was stamping his feet looking for the controls and screamed at me to stop...
    silly me.. he was nice about it though, my instructor laughed thankfully...

you'll get it soon it's just nerves

ReputationRep:
    In my first test I pulled out in front of another car which really annoyed me because I got NO minors!

In my 2nd test I waited for a green arrow at traffic lights when I could have been and left the car in neutral when doing a hill start and rolled back down the hill.

In my 3rd test I drove at 40 in a 20 and nearly hit a bus.

And in my 4th test I passed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkmonkey3)
    lol i'm convinced people just make us nervous before by putting lots of pressure on us...
    lol i was so sure i failed my test cause i thought i hit a kerb (turns out i didn't it was a grating) so i mentally gave up, then went through a red light, the examiner was stamping his feet looking for the controls and screamed at me to stop...
    silly me.. he was nice about it though, my instructor laughed thankfully...

you'll get it soon it's just nerves
    I sure hope so, 4th time lucky hopefully

ReputationRep:
    I failed because, I didn't turn my turn signal on while backing up, stopping when there was no stop sign because I would have hit another car. Also I didn't turn my turn signal on while pulling over for a fake emergency vehicle...which I agree with the last one but I personally think the rest was total b.s.

ReputationRep:
    My latest fail....2S

1.Was straddling 2 lanes (i couldnt see the lane marking and as soon as i could see it, i moved to the left, no excuse i guess)

2. My right indicator turned off when I was turning right at a mini roundabout and I didnt realise so I went right at the mini roundabout with no signals

ReputationRep:
    not looking in my mirrors when braking = 3 minors. Apart from that was all OK, doh

ReputationRep:
    3 majors:

1) hesitant, accumulation of 3 minors
    2) wrong signal at roundabout
    3) stopping without looking in mirror or signalling with a car behind.

Yeah I epically failed that test.

ReputationRep:
    not looking over my shoulder when i pulled off.

got another serious for my instructor being a wuss. she nearly screamed when i pulled round a stationery car...still dont know why

passed second time

ReputationRep:
    First time, got two serious faults. First was for lane discipline when moving onto a dual carriageway from a roundabout, apparently I didn't follow my lane around (I was in the left hand lane) and forced the driver behind me in the right hand lane to stop. I didn't see this obviously but I can see how it happened. Second was 4x minor faults for not checking my mirrors when changing speed, that was really annoying to end up with a serious fault for, it would have been more annoying if it was the only fault I got though. Also got an assortment of other minor faults bringing my total up to 18, so I failed it pretty hard.

Second test is next week, been doing some private practice which has helped alot so we'll see how it goes. York has an 11 week waiting list for tests so I really don't want to have to wait all that time again .

ReputationRep:
    For anyone taking a test

I had my first test a couple of days ago which i failed on, in just 2minutes of the test. He told me to pull over on a dual carriage way, all was going well at the time when i did not see this motorbike and he slammed his brakes. I was absolutely devastated that i just failed but was determined to still carry on. So off i went, 30 mins in on a busy uphill road, traffic moving 2mph and i stalled.. rolled back, stalled.. rolled back and stalled and what do you know he slammed his brakes. At this point i felt paralised my arms:woo: went numb and i thought god how could i be so stupid AGAIN.
    I was about to cry so i looked at him and went "I've failed so can i just stop the test" so he said if i want to i can so we pulled over on a minor road and asked if i wanted to walk back with him or wait for my instructor, so there i waited crying like a right baby on my own. so that was 2 majors and 9 minors for things like steering, undue hesitation, speed, observe at junction, control of car blah blah. Booked it again for 1st july need more practice I guess. Didnt know i wanted this so bad untill i failed..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.