Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What did you fail your driving test for? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    On my first test I got 1 major ( dont know how many minor). It was all going swimmingly until I was within sight of the test centre when I stalled the car and panicked. Stupidly I forgot what to do and the examiner put the car in to first gear for me. I knew at that point IO"d failed. The examiner even said "I was going to pass you, until that back there. I know you"re nervous, but I have to fail you". The second test, which I also failed, was I thought a perfect drive. But apprently according to the examiner ( who was an *******) I mounted the kerb when I was reversing around the corner. I didnt remember feeling the car go up or anything!!.

The third time isnt going to be happening!!!.I hate driving and when my provisional expires in September , I will not be renewing it.

ReputationRep:
    First time, I 'made no effort to go around a mini-roundabout' whilst turning right AND I left the car in neutral whilst trying to do a hill start.

Second time, Straight-lined a roundabout and caused a car to slow down AND drove on the wrong side of a slip road (that i thought was one way because there was no road markings)

Third time lucky I guess....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie72)
    On my first test I got 1 major ( dont know how many minor). It was all going swimmingly until I was within sight of the test centre when I stalled the car and panicked. Stupidly I forgot what to do and the examiner put the car in to first gear for me. I knew at that point IO"d failed. The examiner even said "I was going to pass you, until that back there. I know you"re nervous, but I have to fail you". The second test, which I also failed, was I thought a perfect drive. But apprently according to the examiner ( who was an *******) I mounted the kerb when I was reversing around the corner. I didnt remember feeling the car go up or anything!!.

The third time isnt going to be happening!!!.I hate driving and when my provisional expires in September , I will not be renewing it.
    That's sad, considering how close you've been to passing both times Don't give up.

ReputationRep:
    i passed my bike test first time,

Car test failed first by being hit by a bus (the examiner said it was his fault, didn't signal or look)
    second as i stallled at some lights,
    3rd i missed a traffic light... still not sure how i managed that. Bit i only get 3/2 minors each time
    4th didn't get to take the test as the examiner claimed the car was unsafe even though his boss and a garage have argued that it was. We're complaining and i get to wait another month

ReputationRep:
    I failed mine today for stupidly driving in the right hand lane on a dual carriageway other wise I would of passed with 0 minors 😁😁😁

ReputationRep:
    I haven't done my practical test yet. In my theory test I got 49/50 in the multiple choice test and 43/75 in the hazard perception test, so I failed the hazard perception test by one mark. I have to wait a month to resit it, too. Really annoying.

ReputationRep:
    i failed my first driving test for going over the speed limit by quite a lot.

my friend has a funnier story: she failed because she did a hit and run

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.