Turn on thread page Beta

What did you fail your driving test for? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    On my first test I got 1 major ( dont know how many minor). It was all going swimmingly until I was within sight of the test centre when I stalled the car and panicked. Stupidly I forgot what to do and the examiner put the car in to first gear for me. I knew at that point IO"d failed. The examiner even said "I was going to pass you, until that back there. I know you"re nervous, but I have to fail you". The second test, which I also failed, was I thought a perfect drive. But apprently according to the examiner ( who was an *******) I mounted the kerb when I was reversing around the corner. I didnt remember feeling the car go up or anything!!.

The third time isnt going to be happening!!!.I hate driving and when my provisional expires in September , I will not be renewing it.

ReputationRep:
    First time, I 'made no effort to go around a mini-roundabout' whilst turning right AND I left the car in neutral whilst trying to do a hill start.

Second time, Straight-lined a roundabout and caused a car to slow down AND drove on the wrong side of a slip road (that i thought was one way because there was no road markings)

Third time lucky I guess....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie72)
    On my first test I got 1 major ( dont know how many minor). It was all going swimmingly until I was within sight of the test centre when I stalled the car and panicked. Stupidly I forgot what to do and the examiner put the car in to first gear for me. I knew at that point IO"d failed. The examiner even said "I was going to pass you, until that back there. I know you"re nervous, but I have to fail you". The second test, which I also failed, was I thought a perfect drive. But apprently according to the examiner ( who was an *******) I mounted the kerb when I was reversing around the corner. I didnt remember feeling the car go up or anything!!.

The third time isnt going to be happening!!!.I hate driving and when my provisional expires in September , I will not be renewing it.
    That's sad, considering how close you've been to passing both times Don't give up.

ReputationRep:
    i passed my bike test first time,

Car test failed first by being hit by a bus (the examiner said it was his fault, didn't signal or look)
    second as i stallled at some lights,
    3rd i missed a traffic light... still not sure how i managed that. Bit i only get 3/2 minors each time
    4th didn't get to take the test as the examiner claimed the car was unsafe even though his boss and a garage have argued that it was. We're complaining and i get to wait another month

ReputationRep:
    I failed mine today for stupidly driving in the right hand lane on a dual carriageway other wise I would of passed with 0 minors 😁😁😁

ReputationRep:
    I haven't done my practical test yet. In my theory test I got 49/50 in the multiple choice test and 43/75 in the hazard perception test, so I failed the hazard perception test by one mark. I have to wait a month to resit it, too. Really annoying.

ReputationRep:
    i failed my first driving test for going over the speed limit by quite a lot.

my friend has a funnier story: she failed because she did a hit and run

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.