Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    is carbon dioxide production a feasable way of roughly measuring sucrose production in yeast fermentation, allowing me to differentiate between two sugars effect on (damn I meant) ethanol production.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cousto)
    is carbon dioxide production a feasable way of roughly measuring sucrose production in yeast fermentation, allowing me to differentiate between two sugars effect on sucrose production
    Yes with a slight caveat that without knowing how you intend to measure carbon dioxide there could be other complications.

Can you more fully describe the experiment and its aims? Also what where your calculations regarding mass or molar balances in the cycle?

ReputationRep:
    i'm just using it as reasoning why i'm looking at the affect of sugars and temperature on fermentation

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.