Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Any Tab medics here who have got into Oxford for BM2?

ReputationRep:
    Ooh I have a slightly related question regarding transfers: if you transfer to another medical school for clinicals (on the London/Oxbridge arrangement) does your MBChB come from your pre-clinical university or your clinical one? I've been getting different answers from different people I've spoken to...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ignoramus)
    Ooh I have a slightly related question regarding transfers: if you transfer to another medical school for clinicals (on the London/Oxbridge arrangement) does your MBChB come from your pre-clinical university or your clinical one? I've been getting different answers from different people I've spoken to...
    You get the qualification from where you sit the exams. So if you transfer elsewhere for clinicals your medical degree is from there and your BA from Oxford.

ReputationRep:
    i did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elles)
    You get the qualification from where you sit the exams. So if you transfer elsewhere for clinicals your medical degree is from there and your BA from Oxford.
    Oh right, thanks.

Sorry to thread hijack btw... :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ignoramus)
    Oh right, thanks.

Sorry to thread hijack btw... :o:
    You're welcome.

& it's up to Martin to forgive you. :p: I don't suppose there will be many on-topic posters in here - relatively small number of people it applies to & even smaller number of Tab 3rd year medics already posting on here!

<on topic>

2nd BM & BCh is lots of fun. Enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    Oxford is a bit like America...in that we had the 2nd MB for pre-clinical medicine and you guys turned it into the 1st BM ... just like having the light switches the other way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elles)
    You're welcome.

& it's up to Martin to forgive you. :p: I don't suppose there will be many on-topic posters in here - relatively small number of people it applies to & even smaller number of Tab 3rd year medics already posting on here!

<on topic>

2nd BM & BCh is lots of fun. Enjoy.
    I forgive thee!

In all seriousness, Im a fairly easy going person in terms of protocol. People who remember and swear by bureaucratic ******** - especially JCR committee members who are so damn inflexible for stupid reasons at times - really piss me off!

Yeah to add to what Elles says, there are about 20 to whom this applies, and its doubtful that many of them use this... so, feel free to hijack the thread (within reason)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by martin101)
    I forgive thee!

In all seriousness, Im a fairly easy going person in terms of protocol. People who remember and swear by bureaucratic ******** - especially JCR committee members who are so damn inflexible for stupid reasons at times - really piss me off!

Yeah to add to what Elles says, there are about 20 to whom this applies, and its doubtful that many of them use this... so, feel free to hijack the thread (within reason)
    you must have a rubbish JCR committee. i'm probably the only one in my college with a vague familiarity with the constitution. it's not about bureaucracy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocolatebear)
    you must have a rubbish JCR committee. i'm probably the only one in my college with a vague familiarity with the constitution. it's not about bureaucracy.

have college offers been sorted out yet? (we've had nothing except from Green)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vazzyb)
    have college offers been sorted out yet? (we've had nothing except from Green)
    we just got our college offers yesterday, i don't know about other colleges though. so i imagine if you haven't already you should be hearing within the next few days from your college

ReputationRep:
    ahh ok - know anything about Christ Church or St Johns?

ReputationRep:
    ahh ok - know anything about Christ Church or St Johns?
    How does the college system work for transferring from Cambridge?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Undulipodium)
    How does the college system work for transferring from Cambridge?
    You pick a first and second choice when you apply, as do Oxford students reapplying. Colleges seem to prioritise their preclinical students, beyond that I think they just try and maximise people getting their best preference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huw Davies)
    You pick a first and second choice when you apply, as do Oxford students reapplying. Colleges seem to prioritise their preclinical students, beyond that I think they just try and maximise people getting their best preference.
    have you heard anything or are you year above?

ReputationRep:
    have you heard anything or are you year above?
    5th year now.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 18, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.