Turn on thread page Beta

Are you happy with your weight/size? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Are you happy with your weight/size?
    I'm female and i'm a healthy weight/size
    25.00%
    I'm female and could do with losing a few pounds
    35.71%
    I'm female and i'm definatly overweight
    12.05%
    I'm male and i'm a healthy weight/size
    15.63%
    I'm male and could do with losing a few pounds
    8.93%
    I'm male and i'm definatly overweight
    2.68%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonlight_freakout)
    Have you just realised that? Females 'should' be skinny and all, whilst men 'should' be muscular (hence not skinny)...
    :nah:

Women should be plump and voluptuous, definitely not skinny.

Men generally should have a decent amount of muscle mass, maybe a bit of fat but not as much in proportion to women, for whom decent fatty padding in certain areas is key to fertility

ReputationRep:
    + Muscle
    - Less Body fat

Semi happy

ReputationRep:
    No. Right now my chest and backside are too large for my liking. So I want to lose weight. I don't think I've ever been happy with my weight, even at a size 8 (compared to the 10/12 I am now) I wanted to lose weight.

ReputationRep:
    not happy but it doesn't get me down and i don't think about it...

ReputationRep:
    Not totally.
    I'm happy with my size (10/12), I just think I am a bit flabby and unfit. I am technically overweight but other tests such as waist to hip ratio put me as healthily proportioned. It's probably because I muscle up very easily - I used to be fitter but I was heavier at the time, it was all muscle though!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, actually I am :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonlight_freakout)
    lol, is that gisele?! XD
    yup

ReputationRep:
    No. Is anyone ever?
    Female - lose few pounds for sure.

ReputationRep:
    No. Despite my complaining, nothing will change unless I sort out my eating habits [which I keep saying I'll do, but then never stick with it]...

ReputationRep:
    Totally happy, if I put on a little I would also be happy - i wouldn't be happy if I lost any tbh
    5"4 and 7 stone 10

ReputationRep:
    NO! :emo:

I'm 5'7-ish, 10 stone, size 8-10 but feeling flabby. My mum told me I look like I'm putting on weight and she's christened me ''little porker'' now. Gutted.

I want to lose a stone.

I'm healthy weight/size and could do with losing few pounds

ReputationRep:
    I want a smaller bum and thighs.
    Oh and bigger boobs would be nice.

ReputationRep:
    Nope.

ReputationRep:
    I could do with toning up some parts of my body, but no, I think I'm a very healthy weight.

I'm actually super skinny...Put that option in the poll smartarse

Yes I love my height/weight. Could do with putting on a bit more weight my collarbones show and I don't like it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    yes and yes

i love being a size 14 and even though im 198lbs i dont care, if anything i would like to knock a stone off (purely to see how i would feel) so its not enough to take me down a size
    How tall are you? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    i'de love to put on a bit and be a bit curvier but meh, one day i reckon i'll hate myself for thinking this!
    its so weird how some of us are so desperate to lose weight and others want to gain..if only we could trade :yep:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 13, 2010
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.