Turn on thread page Beta

eBay - address not up to date? Whose fault is that? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have recently sold an item on eBay and the seller left me a note in the PayPal transaction, which never showed up in any email, that his address has changed. However he never updated the address on eBay or PayPal. So this lead to me sending the item to the other addres (old). He finally got it because it was a recorded delivery. However he left me negative feedback that I did not send it to the address he wanted me to send it.

ReputationRep:
    His fault for not updating it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muffingg)
    Hi, I have recently sold an item on eBay and the seller left me a note in the PayPal transaction, which never showed up in any email, that his address has changed. However he never updated the address on eBay or PayPal. So this lead to me sending the item to the other addres (old). He finally got it because it was a recorded delivery. However he left me negative feedback that I did not send it to the address he wanted me to send it.
    It's his fault for not updating the address, though to be honest, I'd be surprised if you get much help from eBay on matters like this. There's no harm in contacting them to query it, however, and you might find the Live Chat service the best way to get a response (find it here). I assume that the PayPal payment confirmation told you to ship to the old address?

From here:
    Feedback removal: We’ll remove Feedback under the following exceptional circumstances:
    • It violates specific policies
    • It’s left by a member who is later suspended
    • It’s left by a buyer who doesn't pay for an item once an unpaid item case is opened and has the unpaid item recorded
    • It contains vulgar language
    • It contains personal contact information
    • We’ve received a valid court order to remove the Feedback
    You can at least put a comment against the feedback explaining the issue, so if nothing else I'd suggest that you do that.

ReputationRep:
    If his address had changed, why wouldn't he amend his profile accordingly?

ReputationRep:
    I would of done the same as you and sent it to the ebay/paypal address

(Original post by Profesh)
    If his address had changed, why wouldn't he amend his profile accordingly?
    Forgot?

Though you see it so that doesn't make sense.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.