Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Here is my situation

I want to go to Uni in Sept.

But due to some problems in my life i have not been able to focus on applying until now.

My questions are

Is it too late to apply?

I have not written a PS yes but i can do that if i know theres still a chance

Thanks for the help

No sarcastic comments plz

i will provide more info if needed

Thx again
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    It shouldn't be too late to apply. The normal deadline has passed but most universities will still consider your application (though perhaps not quite with equal footing to everyone else). There are some links to PS resources in my sig if you're interested.

Edit: More info about late applications here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1160862

ReputationRep:
    i think the ucas deadline has passed.... not sure if you can do a late application or something...

ReputationRep:
    You can still apply, they just won't take you seriously

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the replies everyone

Is there anyone who knows a lot about the uni application process who wouldnt mind speaking to me through private message because i really am lost and have a lot of questions?

I have tried ringing connexions but they were no help to me

ReputationRep:
    yes u can apply, it might not be considered as equal as everyone else but u should be ok if u have the predicted grades u need. Also, there is extra too which starts end of feb and clearing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a112)
    Also, there is extra too which starts end of feb
    Whats that??

Also i have already done my A levels. I got A B C and i wanna do Electronic Engineering. Do i have any chance of getting into a good uni considering the circumstances?

ReputationRep:
    Last year I applied to Coventry, Portsmouth, Ox Brookes, Kingston and Central Lancashire in mid-March and got all 5 offers. Then I rejected them and applied to Lancaster by UCAS Extra in late May or early June and got in as well. I'm doing English Language.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    This page could help

http://www.ucas.ac.uk/news/january/afterdeadline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LETSFIFA10)
    Whats that??

Also i have already done my A levels. I got A B C and i wanna do Electronic Engineering. Do i have any chance of getting into a good uni considering the circumstances?
    extra is like the universities will put up the courses they have spaces left in , so u can apply for those

ReputationRep:
    You may be able to apply through some sort of clearing? I'm not sure how probable it would be to get your first choice though...

ReputationRep:
    you can still apply right up to june your just not guaranteed equal consideration. you could also try contacting your chosen uni's individually before applying to explain the reasion your application is late plis check they still have spaces on the course. If it doesn't lead anywhere all you've lost is the price of administration. If you don't try you will never know.

ReputationRep:
    There's a whole thread on applying after the deadline written by one of our gurus of UCAS applications here. Should have the info you need!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.