Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Me and my friends take out a villa every year, and are now considering Malta. Anyone to testify? As long as there is sun and a bar in the evenings I am not bothered!

ReputationRep:
    dont let the adverts deceieve you its pretty absymal there

ReputationRep:
    It it rained a lot. But don't let that put you off. It truly is a fantastic place!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lefneosan)
    Me and my friends take out a villa every year, and are now considering Malta. Anyone to testify? As long as there is sun and a bar in the evenings I am not bothered!
    I have been to Malta.

If you want a nice, relaxing holiday enjoying alcohol as a responsible adult, Malta is not the place to go. If you want a cheap party hole getting pissed every night, then you'll like it.

Do some research though, half of the island is deserted and empty whilst the other has clubs/bars.. I'm pretty sure I saw a few strip clubs as well.

Also, a lot of good looking Swedish girls there

Oh, and just remember it's a tiny tiny island, you could cycle from one end to another

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamrules247)
    It it rained a lot. But don't let that put you off. It truly is a fantastic place!!
    In summer?
    Also there are nice villas, but I dont want to spend two weeks in a villa! Some meagre nightlife will do it for me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lefneosan)
    In summer?
    Also there are nice villas, but I dont want to spend two weeks in a villa! Some meagre nightlife will do it for me!
    It was in October, although the weather was supposed to be good then. We were told this was the first major rain of the year, although as I said, it was fantastic despite the rain. I was in a hotel so I can't comment on villas. I also can't comment on the nightlife, ain't my scene

ReputationRep:
    Great thing about Malta is the fact that the buses are cheap as chips I got a bus from Valletta to the north and then a ferry across to Gozo and it barely made a dent in the wallet. Azure window is a nice place to chill for a bit.

Me when I go I tend to hang out in Sliema, Valletta, and Buġibba. Mosta and Mdina are alright places for day visiting too.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all this info- is it english like the costa del brit (sol)?

ReputationRep:
    You will meet a fair few English people but not as much as in Spanish Countries. In terms of nightlife the Bugibba/ Qawra area has about 2/3 clubs (small ones), and a large selection of bars and restaurants. If you want more vibrant nightlife the go to the Paceville. St.Julians area. I would advice theh Bugibba/ Qawra area if you want a more chilled holiday. The nicest beaches are also a 15 minute (and cheap) bus ride away from Bugibba (Mellieha bay, Armier Bay, and ang Golden Bay).
    If you want cheap flights btw check Ryanair, we booked our tickets in December and got them for £55 each, for June/July (a total of £75 including the baggage)!!

ReputationRep:
    Also it rarely ever rains from June- September. If it does it would only be a one of for about an hour

ReputationRep:
    Malta used to be run by the UK until their independence in the 60's.. hence why you'll see the same zebra crossings etc.
    It's not bad, probably nice in the summer but a very small island. We went in April and it was warm but quite windy. If you're into archaeology and history it's definitely a place to visit. They have the Victoria lines which formed part of the WW2 defences, and there's also the 'cart ruts' which are VERY old.... we studied these on a field trip with uni.

Mellieha is nice, but the real party zone is Paceville/St Julians. Buses are retro, cheap and awesome. Don't hire a car because A) the roads suck B) Maltese drivers are nuts C) the buses go everywhere you could want to visit.

Bonus: Almost everyone speaks english. Plug sockets are UK 3 pin too!
    Bad point: The Euro. The country was on their own Maltese currency when I went. Which was interesting because £1 was something like .80 maltese whatnots!

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.