Turn on thread page Beta

Getting Fit within 4 months watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

Okay, I'm going to India in July and i need to get really fit for it.
    But at the moment I'm a couch potato, i think 35% body fat at least.
    The problem is that I have a body type that if I eat a packet of crisps and i put on like half a stone. :eek3:
    We have a running machine and an exercise bike, and I do a mile long paper round each morning (half an hour), along with a physical job in a garden centre on saturdays.

Does anyone have any diet tips, or workout ideas that could help? I ideally want to get down to size 12 from between 14/16

ReputationRep:
    I seriously doubt you put on half a stone after eating a packet of crisps since that doesnt make a lick of sense.

You wanna lose weight? Eat less calories, eat healthy foods, exercise more. It's simple enough really.

You're a girl I assume,with such a high body fat %. Lift some weights as well. You don't wanna just lose your fat and have **** all muscle.

Try eating 6 times a day,but small meals. I'd say aim for 200-300 calories per each of those 6 meals if you wanna lose weight.

ReputationRep:
    firstly, eliminate all excuses from your mind, they only give you reason to fail

if whatever you are doing now is not working, then clearly you either need to eat less or do more exercise. Perhaps you may think that you are exercising a lot or eating well, but unfortunately everyone has a different metabolism and genetic factors which mean that you need to maybe work harder! Basically, eat only when your hungry, try to eat a moderately good diet, and increase the exercise and your jamming

ReputationRep:
    There is too much threads with completely the same questions. You should read this one - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1171504 - there are some advices which will be enough for the start of your diet and training regime.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.