Turn on thread page Beta

single rose or bouquet 4 v day? watch

ReputationRep:
    what do girls prefer 4 valentines day, a single rose, or a bunch or red roses? or something different? or whats ur fave flower, because i dont have much knowledge on that topic.

ReputationRep:
    pansies.

ReputationRep:
    Bunch of red roses > single rose.

Although ofcourse, roses are such a cliche...it's better if you know the girl's favourite flower and get her those - it's more personal that way and shows you put in some effort.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say a single red rose has more meaning and significance than a bunch of red roses.

ReputationRep:
    bouquet. I prefer white roses though.

ReputationRep:
    Bouquets most definitely :love:

:flowers:

ReputationRep:
    A single rose is v romantic :love:
    But a big bouquet is lovely and luxurious too!
    My favourite flowers are roses and daisies and sunflowers and jasmine :heart:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BunnyS:))
    A single rose is v romantic :love:
    This too. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    A single red rose, although, you should get a certain number.

eg.
    Been together three months- get three roses.
    Been together two years- get two roses.

Just mho.

ReputationRep:
    I love Fresia's - they smell divine. I wouldn't expect any man to remember that though lol.

ReputationRep:
    HOW ABOUT getting one red rose for your romantic interest, giving it to them the first time you see them on valentines...then giving them a massive bunch later I actually think that's a good plan!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little_missy01)
    what do girls prefer 4 valentines day, a single rose, or a bunch or red roses? or something different? or whats ur fave flower, because i dont have much knowledge on that topic.
    I'm a guy, and I Will always make my V day special, by givng a girl a single white rose followed by a red one, (Cute ha?)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah - id go with a whole different type of flower, if you really must. Something like the Bird of paradise flower is pretty wild and makes a good statement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ecokid)
    Yeah - id go with a whole different type of flower, if you really must. Something like the Bird of paradise flower is pretty wild and makes a good statement.
    err...its so spiky and orange!

ReputationRep:
    Yellow Carnations...

MUAHAHAH!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacepirate-James)
    Yellow Carnations...
    they remind me of weddings, and the family memebrs attach it 2 their pocket or dress.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say 1 rose is more meaningful and makes more of a statement than a bouquet. A bouquet just looks like you're trying to buy her affection and also puts her down because you spent a lot on her. Not good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little_missy01)
    they remind me of weddings, and the family memebrs attach it 2 their pocket or dress.

Well they're supposed to mean disdain or rejection, so I don't know what weddings you've been going to :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacepirate-James)

Well they're supposed to mean disdain or rejection, so I don't know what weddings you've been going to :p:
    pure evilness haha

ReputationRep:
    I actually think a single one is more romantic, I don't know why :dontknow: there's just something about a big bunvh that seems really contrived, whereas a guy handing me one red rose :blush:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.