Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

single rose or bouquet 4 v day? watch

ReputationRep:
    what do girls prefer 4 valentines day, a single rose, or a bunch or red roses? or something different? or whats ur fave flower, because i dont have much knowledge on that topic.

ReputationRep:
    pansies.

ReputationRep:
    Bunch of red roses > single rose.

Although ofcourse, roses are such a cliche...it's better if you know the girl's favourite flower and get her those - it's more personal that way and shows you put in some effort.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say a single red rose has more meaning and significance than a bunch of red roses.

ReputationRep:
    bouquet. I prefer white roses though.

ReputationRep:
    Bouquets most definitely :love:

:flowers:

ReputationRep:
    A single rose is v romantic :love:
    But a big bouquet is lovely and luxurious too!
    My favourite flowers are roses and daisies and sunflowers and jasmine :heart:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BunnyS:))
    A single rose is v romantic :love:
    This too. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    A single red rose, although, you should get a certain number.

eg.
    Been together three months- get three roses.
    Been together two years- get two roses.

Just mho.

ReputationRep:
    I love Fresia's - they smell divine. I wouldn't expect any man to remember that though lol.

ReputationRep:
    HOW ABOUT getting one red rose for your romantic interest, giving it to them the first time you see them on valentines...then giving them a massive bunch later I actually think that's a good plan!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little_missy01)
    what do girls prefer 4 valentines day, a single rose, or a bunch or red roses? or something different? or whats ur fave flower, because i dont have much knowledge on that topic.
    I'm a guy, and I Will always make my V day special, by givng a girl a single white rose followed by a red one, (Cute ha?)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah - id go with a whole different type of flower, if you really must. Something like the Bird of paradise flower is pretty wild and makes a good statement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ecokid)
    Yeah - id go with a whole different type of flower, if you really must. Something like the Bird of paradise flower is pretty wild and makes a good statement.
    err...its so spiky and orange!

ReputationRep:
    Yellow Carnations...

MUAHAHAH!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacepirate-James)
    Yellow Carnations...
    they remind me of weddings, and the family memebrs attach it 2 their pocket or dress.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say 1 rose is more meaningful and makes more of a statement than a bouquet. A bouquet just looks like you're trying to buy her affection and also puts her down because you spent a lot on her. Not good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little_missy01)
    they remind me of weddings, and the family memebrs attach it 2 their pocket or dress.

Well they're supposed to mean disdain or rejection, so I don't know what weddings you've been going to :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacepirate-James)

Well they're supposed to mean disdain or rejection, so I don't know what weddings you've been going to :p:
    pure evilness haha

ReputationRep:
    I actually think a single one is more romantic, I don't know why :dontknow: there's just something about a big bunvh that seems really contrived, whereas a guy handing me one red rose :blush:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2010
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.