Turn on thread page Beta

Is it a pretty face or confidence thats attractive in a woman? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Guys tend to say that one of most important things a girl can have in terms of attraction is a pretty face. Most seem to think that its more important than a good body, clothes and personality. I see some girls who are not that pretty though getting plenty of male attention and it makes me wonder if its the confidence that is attractive.

For example she doesn't really have a pretty face yet look at the comments she is attractive to lots of men.:confused:

Guys tend to say that one of most important things a girl can have in terms of attraction is a pretty face. Most seem to think that its more important than a good body, clothes and personality. I see some girls who are not that pretty though getting plenty of male attention and it makes me wonder if its the confidence that is attractive.

For example she doesn't really have a pretty face yet look at the comments she is attractive to lots of men.:confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5WVk...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ5VaBgXzuM

ReputationRep:
    They like her personality/stage present/charisma enough for them to see her face in a better light. Plus, her face is quite attractive, but I wouldn't say "pretty".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niwde)
    They like her personality/stage present/charisma enough for them to see her face in a better light. Plus, her face is quite attractive, but I wouldn't say "pretty".
    how can it be attractive if its not pretty?

ReputationRep:
    It's a mixture, it's her charisma,confidence and there's sort of a vitality about her.

She isn't conventionally pretty, she's quite odd looking imo.

But I'd say if a girl is average looking she can rely on charisma and confidence to get guys,
    a pretty girl doesn't have to work too hard.

ReputationRep:
    Many people could easily say she's pretty. Subjective.

ReputationRep:
    She's talented, pretty, charismatic, nice figure....men do get bored by cardboard cutouts you know. They're not just interested in how symmeetrical your features are :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nextTOnothing)
    how can it be attractive if its not pretty?
    Pretty is usually cute, girly, feminine. Attractive is just regular features that fit together, symmetry, etc.

ReputationRep:
    If the girl believes she is pretty, they whoever around her will believe it too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niwde)
    Pretty is usually cute, girly, feminine. Attractive is just regular features that fit together, symmetry, etc.
    so what girl doesn't have facial symmetry and features that fit together:confused: I don't understand what ugly is.

ReputationRep:
    so what girl doesn't have facial symmetry and features that fit together:confused: I don't understand what ugly is.
    I never said the two were mutually exclusive...

ReputationRep:
    i prefer a pretty face to confidence, they are genrally nicer people.

ReputationRep:
    Haven't we done this before?

ReputationRep:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5WVk...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ5VaBgXzuM
    Women have a different opinion as to what is "pretty" to men a lot of the time, don't underestimate that.

ReputationRep:
    Both. Pretty isn't pretty if the girl is self-deprecating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muckie)
    i prefer a pretty face to confidence, they are genrally nicer people.
    Not sure I understand you. Is it somehow impossible to be both nice and confident?

ReputationRep:
    Girls who show a small amount of interest and also acts slightly mean :P they are what attracts men cus means they aint clingy and have other interests so wont bug you all the time. Also acting a tiny bit mean eg saying your such an idiot and starts blushing.. your in

ReputationRep:
    Usually if the face is pretty/ attractive most will think that's all that counts, but i always feel that its the clothing, how they act, personality, speach etc before just solemly going off facial attractiveness. Your mind and likes can change into finding the face attractive after a while than first glance (well with me anyway)

Thats my thoughts anyway

ReputationRep:
    Her voice is très sexual.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting topic,.. the problem is we dont have much choices do we, people would say this and that but that wouldnt mean anything to anyone, like. Its just "The" ideal measurement of how blokes see us from their perspectives.

The important thing is how to make the best of what have, nobody perfect. Back to the question of which one is more important between pretty face and confidence, they'd say depends on their necesity, i'd say damn them and their kind... :woo: :woo: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I prefer a pretty face over confidence. I don't know what I don't prefer above confidence anyways.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.