Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

if you ever thought your live sucked, think again watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Harden the **** up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIVvjZc9Y

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes but of course, your problems are so much more worse than everybody elses. You got bullied? OH NOEZ. Nobody else did not. Grow a pair of balls.

ReputationRep:
    LOL you want cancer? That's a horrible thing to say.

I am sorry for saying I wish I had cancer now that I can think straight I know that was sick and wrong.

When I wrote this I was depressed and miserable and looking for some attention and I'm sorry for wasting all your time.

ReputationRep:
    :console: for the OP. A lot of us get like this, me included. I've been bullied all my life and failed my AS Levels last year. I also have some bad self esteem issues and feel like giving up sometimes. But I know that things can get better, and that I do have a better life than some people in the world. The people on this thread scorning you do have a point, but then problems are relative to different people, and they probably don't completely understand if they don't think the same way as you. It's possible you're suffering from depression, which changes your mental pattern a little badly, so go see a doctor if you really feel the need to. If you want to talk to like-minded people, join the depression society thread (sorry you won't be anon, but still), or you could pm me. Cheer up darling, yeah :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kolopo908)
    I'm really quite surprised that as a medicine student you haven't spotted clear signs of depression in the post.

Or are you more of a "stuff 'em full of pills" kinda person? :confused:
    What are the signs of depression in this post? Being upset and dwelling on the issues? Don't give me this crap about "being a medical student I should know better", being a medical student I can also try to give people a reality check and tell them to suck it up. From a single post it's impossible to spot any signs of depression (can you see anywhere where the person is complaining of lack of sleep etc?). I'm also a FIRST YEAR. I'm not going to make any diagnosis and of course in my first year I'm not going to be a "stuff em ful of pills" person :rolleyes: If this person had depression I'd apologise profusely if I offended them in any way, but I was pretty offended by the post. I get offended whenever anyone says their life sucks over trivial matters, I watched my dad die and couldn't do anything about it, but life is fantastic.

In my opinion, my post was a quick reality check, it wasn't too harsh, it was real.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uni4med)
    my eyes fill with tears as i read your post. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I hope that you have a good support network around you to help you through this difficult time. I want you to know that I admire your spirit and bravery, and I know that you may not consider yourself those things because you didnt choose your situation, but your attitude towards your situation sounds only those things. Best of luck with your studies, and I know some people dont like religion but I always pray at night (christianity) if anyone ever dies during my shift and ask that their loved ones are protected and their spirits are able to rest. I will do this for your family. x
    Thank you, your post quite honestly touched me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheonixx)
    My dog died this morning. I can assure you my day, at least was worse
    Really?
    May he rest in peace. Or she..

ReputationRep:
    OP, you suffer the problems of a well of middle class child, similar to the majority of people.
    You are very intelligent but not intelligent enough, you have friends but they aren't close enough to you.
    Hey, i know these aren't nice, but apart from aspiring your dream (you'll still do pretty well in life anyway) you aren't going to suffer in the long term. These can so easily be overcome.
    Get a hold on yourself (:

ReputationRep:
    man up!!!!
    you only get one chance to live, so live your life with no regrets and dont always be sos ensitive as to what people think of you!

harsh but true.

not quit whining like a little b1tch

ReputationRep:
    You don't just 'get cancer and die'... it's months and months, or even years of pain and false hopes, all to end in a miserable heap that no longer even faintly resembles the person you were.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uni4med)
    hi anonymous,
    you seen to be getting a lot of stick on here so dont worry i'm not going to give you any, just a little advice.
    firstly, yes, people on here are right to tell you that it is very very wrong for you to even be considering medicine at this stage in your development when you are as sheltered from the reality of human suffering such as that as cancer. I'm a bank HCA, and i've worked on haematology wards where teenagers and young adults are suffering horrible pain and couragously fighting to make it to their 20's.
    However, whar I will tell you is that A) i totally do not think that medicine is a dream you should give up on and B) I can promise you this time next year you will look back at this thread and wonder how you ever felt the way you do now!
    You need to go straight to your GP and find out what services there area in your are that can help you to deal with your depression, because thats what you have, no need to see a doctor to tell you that, whether its long term, medication required depression or short-term 'blues' depression, you have def got it! i suggest you take up sport a few times a week to try and help balance the hormones in your brain (i am no doctor just talking from experience so do see a doctor!).
    Coming back to the medicine dream, yes it is a dream for now, but it will soon one day be reality if you truely want it and for the right reasons. Did you know that an extremely high number of doctors are alcohol dependent due to the stress from their jobs? make sure you know what career you are about to embark on! you def need to address your depression problem first. As for your grades, you can always do 6yr at soton if you make an effort to fully research the career (by that i mean lots of work experience with cancer patients etc!!) also, im 21, and i only got bcc for a levels and i went another route to get the grades for med school. you are only young, and if you do only get b's and c's at AS, work your butt off and resit some units, pull your grades up to A's and B's then apply wiTH grades (and knowledge) in hand.
    about your social situation, to be a good doctor you need to be a good team player and a good communicator without doubt so you better start putting those skills to practice and find a way of communicating with your peers to widen your social circle. just be really nice and smiley and that always works for me!
    please don't feel bad about yourself, life is hard when your a teenager, but as you get older things do come into prospective and you will be glad to be moving forward and upward with life.
    hope everything works out for you.
    Such a helpful post. I'll give you some +rep tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    ahahah sorry are you a joke???
    ok the bullying was bad but wtf you're not getting 4As and you think your life sucks???
    everyone finds Alevel hard and its hard during the first months or so but you get used to it..
    just put in effort and stop wallowing in self pity

ReputationRep:
    Get a ******* grip. You vaguely want to do something, and now you've realised you don't have the necessary ability to be able to do it. So ******* what?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if you'll even be reading this thread any more, because you've had so many bad comments, but I thought I'd add my 2p. I think you've expressed, arguably in a very bad way, the realisation of a fear which all of us feel - the loss of our own identity. Yours was "being clever". You thought of yourself as "the clever kid", and it was a kind of safety blanket protecting you from the bullies and your insecurities about your appearance. As "the clever kid", you were destined to get good GCSEs and A-levels, have a glittering career, and make your family proud. What an awful strain it must have been for you when you found that, yes, you're doing well, but not well enough to satisfy your own definition of yourself. Consequently you're feeling very sad and overwhelmed and stressed and it's putting strain on your relationships with everyone else. Please feel free to correct me if any of this doesn't ring true for you.

Believe me, the people in your life don't think you're such a sad case as you think you are! They won't pity you; perhaps they'll be worried about you, because you're feeling so sad, perhaps your teachers will be concerned that such a conscientious student is apparently finding things difficult, but they'll predominantly be on your side (I'm not saying that none of them is a ********, no one's perfect, as you're starting to find out!). Your family is a separate issue. I don't want to claim to understand your family dynamics, but I should think that your worry that your fading identity as "the clever kid" is clouding your judgement of them to at least some extent. At least some of that pressure you're feeling from them will be partly you projecting the pressure you're putting on yourself onto them, I should imagine.

Okay so let's summarise. Your identity has to include more about you than how clever you are, because let's face it, someone's always going to be cleverer than you! Think about other less transient things. For example, are you a generous person? Are you selfless? Do you consider the feelings of others? I get the feeling that you're hypersensitive to everyone else's feelings - only problem is you're thinking that everyone is feeling stuff about you all the time, when in fact everyone's more worried about how they look to you!

I'm not saying you're not intelligent; you obviously are, from how you're writing. I'm just saying that you have to relax, you can't build your life around being "the clever kid". Work hard, yes, aim to do well, yes, but don't expect to do well and otherwise your entire life will come crashing down. On this note, can I ask you - have you really thought hard about your chosen career path, i.e. medicine? Or, thinking honestly, is it just another element of your "cleverness" - i.e. you're thinking "clever people become doctors"? If it's not that at all, then good on you - that's another aspect you can add to your identity - but if it's not, you need to give yourself some time to think about what you really want to do. 3 months is more than enough time to put some work in for your A-levels, don't you worry about that. Even if you started a week before your exams it'd still be worth doing, you'd get a higher mark than you would if you hadn't done anything. So times that increase by 12 and you've got some pretty respectable exam results I would think.

You probably understand by now the inflammatory nature of your cancer comment and your competitive thread title. You've really not got a bad lot, but I can understand why you can't see that because it feels like you've lost your entire self. If you want to PM me, go ahead, if you haven't got absolutely exhausted of me by the time you've reached the end of this mammoth post!

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Your life isn't that bad, many people are worse off. I believe I'm one of those people, but I complain in my head.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    . i wish i had cancer and just died.

I'm very sorry to burst your self deprecating bubble but you really shouldn't say this. There are so many people who have been affected or have been killed by cancer. It's horrendous. My dad's on chemo at the moment and it really is awful. YOU DON'T WANT THAT!

You are young u fooool! AND ever heard of RETAKES!?!?!?

Anyway, I'm sure you can work ur arse off and bring those Cs/ Ds up to As. You can't get A*s until A level anyway. DO YOUR RESEARCH.

And as for confidence: You are obviously very intelligent and you are just going through a rough patch. At least you have friends.
    Stop moaning about everything and caring about what other idiots think about you- they aren't worth it- INCLUDING YOUR FATHER.
    If you're skinny , just buy weights, eat eggs and beef up!

REMEMBER: In the grand scheme of things, as in the entire world and all its inhabitants, what you're going through is NOTHING. In terms of the average quality of life in the world, yours would be way above it. It's excellent- food, shelter, a fantastic education (A levels =very far ahead).

Also: any university that does medicine is a prestigious uni. You don't have to go to Imperial/ UCL which are very expensive anyway

IN A WORD: MAN UP
    good luck in your life- you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I literally detest my life.

There are so many reasons why, I'm like one of those ultra-pathetic kids who has so many issues you don't pick on them because you would just feel sad.

Let me rewind back

It all started off in year 11 I was really badly bullied in my science classes and stuff for ages but I didn't care how I looked or how **** my social life was or anything because I at least thought I was "clever". But then I got my gcse results and yes admitedly they were good but not for someone who has his sights set on medicine at imperial or ucl.

Now I know for most people this seems okay but when you live your entire existence for 2 years on the premise of getting 8/9A* and you don't believe me, its not nice.

Then I started year 12 taking chemistry, biology, maths and economics. Well I worked hard in my first term but I also did loads of extra-curricular activities in the hope of getting into med school so much so I got distracted from my A levels and failed the mocks in which I got Cs and Ds. Now my biology teacher who respected me and has known me for 2 years pities me. My chemistry teacher bullies me in one class I jokingly said to a class mate, "how did you get that" in your practical. and she said "lets be honest who are you to judge what anyone else does"

Everyone looks down on me I'm ridiculously skinny, I'm failing my A levels ( don't forget I won't be happy with anything less than 4A*) and my whole world has fallen apart in the last year. An aunt died suddenly leaving three youngish kids, my so called "cleverness" has faded away. I walk funny and am as insecure as.

My friends are literally getting more and more distant with me and I have no hope

My relationship with my family is **** as it is with the human race in general. I hate my father more than anything he has always hated me and beat me as a child, and likes my sister more than me.

I think I worked hard in the first term of AS and still failed.

All my dreams are tumbling before me and I just want to die.

and my whole happiness is based on getting 4As in AS so i can do medicine where I want to and actually be happy but thats been stolen from me too as its now february 3 ish months away from exams and im heading for Cs. I have so much pressure from my family to perform and I feel I'm so out of control of my life that the only way out is death. Everything I ever wanted or had hoped for has crashed before me and there is no hope for tommorow either because its just too damn late.

My whole year group gossips about me and how apparently "I'm being forced to medicine" and my parents "beat me" and i know everyone pities me. i wish i had cancer and just died.

Your aunt left three children behind when she died, imagine how they felt and imagine how many people in your family you would hurt if you died. If you won't be happy with anything less than four A*s at A-level then go and revise right now instead of moping around on the internet looking for sympathy.

You say that you're 'like one of those ultra-pathetic kids who has so many issues you don't pick on them because you would just feel sad.' If this is the case then you are contradicting most of your argument. How can you get picked on when nobody picks on you?

i dont understand why the OP thinks his problems are the worst in the world. everyone has their problems but deal with it and know how to move on. ive never complained about my life but i always worked hard to undo the crappy things that have happened:

1) during GCSE my parents got a messy divorce, had to go courts frequently, still concentrated on grades, got average grades (nationally not tsr average :P)

2) during A level had to move into council housing because my mum's new job didnt pay as much and didnt have any family in the country.

3) wanted a career in finance so worked hard at A level to get into a good uni (economics @ bristol)

4) Life sorted!!...noo!! mother falls seriously ill...big worry for me since no one at home with her

5) i fail in second year exams and had to withdraw

6) gain admission through clearing into another uni ranked in the 30s and have to start from year 1

7) tough few years believe me!!! never did i complain or use it as an excuse sure i was sad depressed but kept at it!! now i have a graduate job with goldman sachs.

5a) see my friends all going on to masters or top jobs while i was doing first year again

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 10, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.