Turn on thread page Beta

if you ever thought your live sucked, think again watch

ReputationRep:
    Your life doesn't suck. Get over it.

Spoiler:
    Show
    My life is great.

My parents got divorced when I was seven, moved homes to a place where I got bullied from yr3-yr11 (I had to start smacking people, *****es had it coming), then got diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, the symptoms of which effected my grades and brought them down from 8/9 A*s to what I have (my grades are amazing). I also had to drop my third language GCSE (too tired to stay afterschool because of diabetes blah blah you get the picture). Don't talk to my dad anymore, and my brother's been swearing at me recently and generally being a whiney little ***** because either I've declared myself an athiest or I've declared myself not a videogame fan.

You've got NOTHING to whine about little boy.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Anyone else read through the original post and wonder when the real problems were going to start?

Honestly, I've had a truly crappy day and this thread has actually cheered me up with it's ridiculousness, so all thanks to the OP.

ReputationRep:
    You think you're life is bad because you can't get straight As?
    Seriously, sort yourself out, it's not the end of the world!!
    My mum has just got back for Tanzania in Africa, and she couldn't believe how poor the people were out there, she went up Kilimanjaro and she said there was a porter who went up the mountain in velcro sandles, he couldn't afford proper walking boots but yet he was happy. There's more to life than getting into medical school, just work out an alternative!

ReputationRep:
    'i wish i had cancer and just died'
    You're an insult to everyone who has ever suffered from cancer.
    People make fun of you because you walk funny? Boohoo diddums.
    Sort you're life out and do something about it then, and stop wallowing in your own self pity.

ReputationRep:
    what has the OP done to rectify his 'problems'?
    e.g. have you changed your diet to stop being skinny?

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry, but what the hell is your problem?

There are millions of people in this world (hell, in this country alone) who are far worse off than you are and you're complaining about your life?

Do you know what you have that so many people don't?
    -A roof over your head
    -Food
    -Access to clean water
    -Your health
    -An education
    -The freedom to actually have a choice to go into medicine
    Need I go on?

You need a little perspective on your 'issues'. Everyone has problems at some point in their lives, some minor, some major - you just have to deal with like everyone else. Don't expect pity for your relatively minor problems.

Focus on the positives in life and stop letting the negatives hold you back or you'll never be able to move on.

Also, don't ever wish you have cancer. A friend of mine had cancer and died - she sure as hell didn't deserve it, no one ever does, but the amount of suffering she had to endure was so much worse than your so-called problems. In fact, her life in general was a lot worse than yours before she even had the cancer. Her dad walked out on her, her brother and mum when she was 9; her mum was an alcoholic who could barely provide for her children; she was separated from her brother and sent to a foster home where she was repeatedly raped by her foster father; she was made fun of at school for being 'weird'; aged 14, she's diagnosed with cancer and dies a year later. Have you gained some perspective or do you still think your life is worse off than anyone else in the world?

Once again I apologise for any offence caused by stating I wish I had cancer but when I wrote this I was miserable and depressed.

Further, I think this would be better recieved (minus the risque title and cancer reference) in the depression thread. But please stop writing pathetic comments like "oh get over it" if you don't fully understand the extent to which I'm miserable. Depression isn't something you just "get over".

ReputationRep:
    why would a doctor (training or fully qualified) want to get cancer and die? being a doctor is all about patient care. if you can't care for yourself how are you gona care for other people?

a-levels are harder than uni. seriously. you haven't flopped you've just failed a few exams - which you can resit.

and maybe you shouldn't be so hard on yourself and then you can enjoy your college years.

fyi, medicine is medicine wherever you study it

(Original post by praneesh)
    right
    I previously stated that when I started this thread I was miserable and depressed and have apologised for the reference to "cancer death" which I know is horrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CSI_HIRO)
    why would a doctor (training or fully qualified) want to get cancer and die? being a doctor is all about patient care. if you can't care for yourself how are you gona care for other people?

a-levels are harder than uni. seriously. you haven't flopped you've just failed a few exams - which you can resit.

and maybe you shouldn't be so hard on yourself and then you can enjoy your college years.

fyi, medicine is medicine wherever you study it

good point!!

ReputationRep:
    How do you think i feel, i just posted a massive thread as anon that took me ages to write and the effin thing didn't appear, fml!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now my lifes gona to **** because im not writing the thing again, what the hell happened to it????!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Things aren't going your way at the moment, but if you work hard, you'll do well.
    Wishing you had cancer is a disgusting thing to say, you've clearly never been affected by it.
    This is going to sound harsh, but if you think being bullied and not doing as well in your exams as you'd hoped is the worst thing that could happen to you, then how do you expect to be a good doctor? How could you empathise with someone who is dying or about to lose someone they love?
    Things could be a lot worse, you have friends - maybe you should spend more time with them?

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha even MY life is worse than yours and I'm 100% happy with mine. ;S

ReputationRep:
    your life is not the worst in the world. believe me, there are people a lot worse off than you. there is nothing you've posted here that is impossible to come back from. move on from your past, learn from it, become a better person.

(Original post by Clarkkent)
    some people have been bullied all their entire live, as soon as they were out of diapers, when did yours start again:rolleyes:
    Damn straight I was. Quit complaining. I had your **** happen to me and MORE.

And you know what? I turned it around, I made the best of what I had which wasn't great and.

ReputationRep:
    trust me your life doesnt suck compared to so many other people..first of all if you got bullied at school you should just try and forget about it and move on..i know you must have been through a tough time by the sounds of it but bad things happen and people just have to get over it..and with your grades- trust me you do so much better in the real exams than you actually do in the mocks ( well thats what happened to me) and trust me you have plenty of time to catch up with your work..i know it can be hard sometimes when pressured by your parents (trust me i know, me and my dad have a real bad relationship) but you have to deal with it..think of it as preparing you for becoming a doctor as doctors are always put under pressure..so try and change stuff and stop being really paranoid (im sure you walk normal )

Thanks post above this is helpful and yea I'll try and move on from all this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peachesishere)
    OP, you suffer the problems of a well of middle class child, similar to the majority of people.
    You are very intelligent but not intelligent enough, you have friends but they aren't close enough to you.
    Hey, i know these aren't nice, but apart from aspiring your dream (you'll still do pretty well in life anyway) you aren't going to suffer in the long term. These can so easily be overcome.
    Get a hold on yourself (:
    wise words (:

I think this thread goes to show that like you shouldn't put all of your eggs in one basket, you shouldn't pin your happiness on one thing such as med school.

I'm really sorry about the bullying, but these things always come in full circles, trust me (:

remember, what goes around comes around.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry to hear about your situation but whatever you do, you need to stand up on your feets instead of waiting for others to pull you "up" again. You may have an "unusual" life compared to the typical teenager and I can understand how hurtful it is in such a situation, but this really isn't the worst scenario to wish cancer upon yourself.
    There are many others who are worse off than you...
    ...there are children with disability and fatal illnesses, fighting for their survival, while trying to earn a living and money from doing extremely dangerous and tiring jobs to pay for their parent's hospital fees for example - they've no doubt thought about giving up on everything, but did they? No.
    I think it'd be a good idea to read some stories of certain individuals and get some inspiration from their experience and life.

Everyone in this world will "fail", be unlucky, experience pain, dispair, regrert, sorrow, but what differentiates those who came out of their situation and those who gave up is the will to try again and learn from the "misfortune" - i.e. the determination and will to face everyday:
    Failing and etc is an important part of life - you could only appreciate fully something when you fail/feel pain and etc. However, what most people fail to do(and indeed "fail" ) is to learn from these experience - know what went wrong and having that determination to face the situation and overcome it is something you need to do.

I know it's a painful situation to be in but you have to be strong, especially if your ambition is to be a doctor - you'll face a lot more worse things than this in your career in the future and if you cannot face the situation now, I think you better think twice about this physically and emotionally demanding profession. Even if everyone at school is against you, bullies you, it doesn't matter! I know it's hard to do but don't let it bother you - you're at school to learn and to get the best possible academics you can so you can move on into a better place. Your parents may appear to hate you but seriously, they don't and the fact that you're still living in the same house, having their presence around you a lot is evident enough.
    I think one problem most people in similar situations like you're in is to be bothered about others' views too much. Do the peopel at school mean a lot to you? Why should you care about what they think? Don't let their chitchats distract you away from your goals.

I'm really sorry to hear about your situation again but be assured, you're not alone in such situations and you're definitely not in such a bad one. What you can do to get yourself out of this bad scenario is to be strong yourself - be clear about your goals and to have the will to stand up on your two feet.

ReputationRep:
    I felt pretty crap about my life [my parents are having what must be the longest divorce in history amongst other things :mad:], but then I slowly realised, all the happy little families on TV are LIES!!

You are allowed to fail, you are allowed to feel sad, you are allowed to argue, you are allowed to be a bit of a **** sometimes. Just calm down, take stock and move on.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 10, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.