Turn on thread page Beta

Muscle and Abs Routine... 4 months. watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi there. Basically I'm completely new to fitness regimes and training etc.
    I'm an avid football fan and generally used to play football at least 3 times a week, however, now due to extra work and other commitments I only play football once or twice a week at the weekends.

I have always been a skinny person. I am currently around 5"11 and weight about 10/11 stones. However what I am looking to do is to tone my stomach and gain a 6 pack. I also tend to have fairly weak arms and would also like some basic training techniques to help build up my arms. I don't particularly want massive muscles I just would like to help bulk up my arms a bit and to help define my stomach

Any tips or regime help would be very much appreciate

Thanks for your time

ReputationRep:
    get all the protein you can, and i would lift some heavy weights for low reps to get the mass and then start light weights and cardio to get the definition.

ReputationRep:
    Hi man,

Well if you're skinny and don't see your six pack, you probably need to build it up. So as simple as it sounds, start with crunches and sit-ups, which you could do at home at any time you want. My personal advice on building up abs - give about 80 percent of your attention to lower part of your six-pack, the upper part will follow.

As for building up arms - weights is the solution. If you're going to concentrate only on arms, try to do both biceps and triceps the same day. Try doing less reps, but with heavier weights. Push yourself and don't do the same thing day after day, don't let your muscles get used to weights, make it a bit heavier every time.

The main thing to remember is that if you want those arms, you will have to eat. Complex carbs, protein, and healthy fat. You should read about it more, because it's too much to write on forums. Just keep putting healthy calories in yourself every 2 hours, and don't eat trash if you want to maintain your sixpack.

Stay motivated. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bills754)
    Hi there. Basically I'm completely new to fitness regimes and training etc.
    I'm an avid football fan and generally used to play football at least 3 times a week, however, now due to extra work and other commitments I only play football once or twice a week at the weekends.

I have always been a skinny person. I am currently around 5"11 and weight about 10/11 stones. However what I am looking to do is to tone my stomach and gain a 6 pack. I also tend to have fairly weak arms and would also like some basic training techniques to help build up my arms. I don't particularly want massive muscles I just would like to help bulk up my arms a bit and to help define my stomach

Any tips or regime help would be very much appreciate

Thanks for your time
    pm me for my diet and nutritional guide to bulking

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.