Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    As the title says, my boyfriend is studying abroad and his little sister, 16 almost 17, is coming to visit me. What do I take her to do besides shopping??? :confused: I live in Leamington Spa, I could take her to Birmingham but that's still shopping?! LOL. Any ideas/stories from experience? :P Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Cinema, food

ReputationRep:
    ice skating, arcards?
    Yeah I agree with making cakes and stuff :
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Cinema, ice skating, theatre if she's into that stuff, shopping [yay], food...

ReputationRep:
    She's 16 so she will probably spend a lot of time just doing her thing like listening to music, browsing online. But you could bake stuff with her and maybe do some sort of project like make up your own drama show or something on youtube.

ReputationRep:
    why dont you just ask her what she wants to do

ReputationRep:
    Bring her to Birmingham, its so cool here! Aside all the chavs, of which there are many - and stupid Nationalists spouting racist jokes but apparently not being racist.

Bring her down the gym for a beasting if you like, she will be to tired to do owt else and you can go on as normal.

ReputationRep:
    Warwick arts centre? See a play, film, the art gallery?

ReputationRep:
    introduce her to :tsr:

ReputationRep:
    Well, depending on where from abroad they are, she might want to see soething of ENGLAND? How about you check the English heritage website and go see some castle thing near you?
    Any kind of museum etc.

ReputationRep:
    Take her to a museum? Or a quiet pub to meet some of your/your boyfriend's friends?

ReputationRep:
    Making cakes? :s: She's sixteen, not five.

I dare say she won't expect to be entertained every minute of the day. Do whatever you usually do, maybe go to the cinema or rent some films? There's nothing wrong with shopping, or look up touristy stuff if she's never been to that area of the country before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jabed786)
    She's 16 so she will probably spend a lot of time just doing her thing like listening to music, browsing online. But you could bake stuff with her and maybe do some sort of project like make up your own drama show or something on youtube.
    16 not 6

ReputationRep:
    Stab someone. That's what all the youths of today are doing, right?

ReputationRep:
    Just think of the kind of things you did when you were 16. Now, do those things with her. Job done.

ReputationRep:
    Take her to the student union (do they have a café or activities on in the day if you can't/don't want to take her at night?).

ReputationRep:
    I agree take her to the student union, show her round your uni. At 16 I remember being in awe of university in general so I'm sure she would love to see around it. Also Warwick castle is amazing (at least it was when I was 9! :p:).

ReputationRep:
    Yeah she probably wont like the idea of being forced to do something she doesnt like. Ask her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nico_SU)
    16 not 6
    hey making videos is fun :hmmm:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.