The Student Room Group

Really, really like someone - to tell him or not?

The thing is, I think he already knows. Basically we are at uni together and had a brief fling at the beginning of term, just a couple of weeks, before "deciding" it was a better idea to be friends - he said it was a 'bad idea to be seeing someone he liked as much as me' because he doesn't want a relationship and it'll just get messy. I struggled a bit to understand why if he liked me so much a relationship was off the cards, but whatever.

So we decided to keep it as friends - well, he suggested it and I didn't want to make a fuss if that was how he felt. So that was several weeks ago and we are getting along great as friends too, but I still like him just so much. I'm not sure if I should bring it up again, as I don't want to make it awkward and perhaps if he just won't consider a relationship of any kind, it's pointless... but I feel frustrated he doesn't know how he feels (he thinks I am as apathetic as him about it). ARghhh help!
Reply 1
tltr, Tell him.
Nah, don't tell him. Die lonely.
Reply 3
I am looking to the replys in this thread because I am in a similar situation and I am the guy. My case is far more complicated (I assume) as it involves family not agreeing to the concept of a 'girlfriend' :frown:

OP, perhaps ask him why he doesnt want to start a relationship and then make a decision based on his reply.
Go for it you only live once...
OrdinaryDay
he said it was a 'bad idea to be seeing someone he liked as much as me'

That sounds like a complete bull**** excuse tbh.

I think you should talk to him about it because even if he doesn't feel the same way at least you can get the suffering over with.
Reply 6
Only reason i don't date my mum is cos i like her so damned much.

Latest

Trending

Trending