Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Insecurities in myself are impacting upon my relationship watch

Im not very confident and have low self-esteem, and these personal problems of mine are affecting my relationship.

I've been with my boyfriend for over 2 years now so I know that he must love me.
    He did play the field a fair bit before me and has a flirty personality, high sex drive etc. which has led me to be convinced he will cheat on me or split up with me when someone better comes along.
    I wouldn't think like this if I didn't have such a low opinion of myself. But I don't know what to do about it.

At the start of the relationship I was always tanned, made-up, slimmer, at my best, whereas now you could say I'm in the "comfort-zone" and feel so unsexy and like a gf rather than a lover. My bf even said that we seem like best friends more than lovers lately

Whenever I see a girl in the street I'm always assessing whether she's better looking than me or not, whether she's more my bf's type than I am.
    I find it hard to be friends with girls because I see them as competition, particularly loud, confident girls.
    I get so jealous thinking about my bf's exes and girls he thinks are hot because I can't compete. I feel inferior to them and this compounds my belief that he will cheat on me or leave me sooner or later cos I'm not good enough.

What can I do? This is making me really miserable and my comments to him are out of line and pushing him away.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Its your insecurities, you have to deal with them im afraid. Dont push someone you love away though. The strange thing is that love really is everything its cracked up to be. If you lose it you will regret it. If you dont risk everything for it, youll lose more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've been with my boyfriend for over 2 years now.
    And he's been with you for over 2 years and is still with you.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2010
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.