Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Few years back, I was in a fight, and basically I got punched on the nose and what you see in the picture happened ...

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/6849/niseh.jpg

I didn't care back then and I though it will change the older I got - it didn't. Would NHS cover fixing it or what would you advice.

ReputationRep:
    i ****ing hope not.

ReputationRep:
    I broke my nose in year 5 in a playground accident. My nose is wonky. It isn't harming my health or psychological health, so I would not think of getting th NHS to correct it. Is it harming your health or psychological health?

ReputationRep:
    Its doesn't suit my face and bleed once a month ... which might not be related.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumorousGent.)
    i ****ing hope not.
    Don't be a **** ... im asking for advice

ReputationRep:
    No, you will not get a free nose job.

ReputationRep:
    No. If you want cosmetic surgery then pay for it yourself. Jeez.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxfire)
    No, you will not get a free nose job.
    Hey, I'm in no way looking for free nose job ... I heard people say they had it fixed on NHS ... not nose job just correcting the bone.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have an example to cite, but I would have thought that you might qualify for free help if you told your doctor something along the lines of "the current state of my nose is causing me a great amount of stress and has diminished my self-esteem completely. I feel that a nose-correction operation is necessary in order to restore my self-confidence".

The NHS is short on funds as it is though, so only look into it if it really is causing you problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jungle Is Massive)
    I don't have an example to cite, but I would have thought that you might qualify for free help if you told your doctor something along the lines of "the current state of my nose is causing me a great amount of stress and has diminished my self-esteem completely. I feel that a nose-correction operation is necessary in order to restore my self-confidence".

The NHS is short on funds as it is though, so only look into it if it really is causing you problems.
    Someone in TSR who isn't a total ass. I am well aware what the NHS has to offer ... I like my long nose ... it just bent and something to put it in place shouldn't cost much

*Who isn't*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fanta90)
    Someone in TSR who is a total ass. I am well aware what the NHS has to offer ... I like my long nose ... it just bent and something to put it in place shouldn't cost much
    I was merely trying to help, although now I wish I hadn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jungle Is Massive)
    I was merely trying to help, although now I wish I hadn't.
    omg - meant who isn't ... sorry, on phone browser

ReputationRep:
    omg - meant who isn't ... sorry, on phone browser
    Ah, fair enough :P

ReputationRep:
    guys chillout, shes not fleecing the nhs. i think the first picture only looks better because ur smiling, that slight benditrue would take a while to spot, and if they had been hecking u out for that long it probably doenst matter.

ReputationRep:
    £30 and I'll punch your nose back into shape.
    I'll knee you in the balls for free.

ReputationRep:
    i have an almost exact problem as you...i got kicked in the side of the nose as a kid and i get mercilessly teased about it at college which really upsets me...but lifes life and it kicks you in the face every now and then so get on with it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamster33)
    guys chillout, shes not fleecing the nhs. i think the first picture only looks better because ur smiling, that slight benditrue would take a while to spot, and if they had been hecking u out for that long it probably doenst matter.
    Err you're referring to his sig...that's not him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ogloom)
    £30 and I'll punch your nose back into shape.
    I'll knee you in the balls for free.
    How about no ... and I would ***** slap your face

ReputationRep:
    How about no ... and I would ***** slap your face
    Relax wario
    http://www.searchviews.com/wp-conten...ages/wario.jpg
    yes I went there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by girlmechanik)
    i have an almost exact problem as you...i got kicked in the side of the nose as a kid and i get mercilessly teased about it at college which really upsets me...but lifes life and it kicks you in the face every now and then so get on with it
    I am so sorry, I get the rare comment of ... "Why your nose so bent" ... and then the worst - which are hurtful. I lived with it, I am in university now I want a better start (uni nearly ending ).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.