Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Few years back, I was in a fight, and basically I got punched on the nose and what you see in the picture happened ...

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/6849/niseh.jpg

I didn't care back then and I though it will change the older I got - it didn't. Would NHS cover fixing it or what would you advice.

ReputationRep:
    i ****ing hope not.

ReputationRep:
    I broke my nose in year 5 in a playground accident. My nose is wonky. It isn't harming my health or psychological health, so I would not think of getting th NHS to correct it. Is it harming your health or psychological health?

ReputationRep:
    Its doesn't suit my face and bleed once a month ... which might not be related.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumorousGent.)
    i ****ing hope not.
    Don't be a **** ... im asking for advice

ReputationRep:
    No, you will not get a free nose job.

ReputationRep:
    No. If you want cosmetic surgery then pay for it yourself. Jeez.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxfire)
    No, you will not get a free nose job.
    Hey, I'm in no way looking for free nose job ... I heard people say they had it fixed on NHS ... not nose job just correcting the bone.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have an example to cite, but I would have thought that you might qualify for free help if you told your doctor something along the lines of "the current state of my nose is causing me a great amount of stress and has diminished my self-esteem completely. I feel that a nose-correction operation is necessary in order to restore my self-confidence".

The NHS is short on funds as it is though, so only look into it if it really is causing you problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jungle Is Massive)
    I don't have an example to cite, but I would have thought that you might qualify for free help if you told your doctor something along the lines of "the current state of my nose is causing me a great amount of stress and has diminished my self-esteem completely. I feel that a nose-correction operation is necessary in order to restore my self-confidence".

The NHS is short on funds as it is though, so only look into it if it really is causing you problems.
    Someone in TSR who isn't a total ass. I am well aware what the NHS has to offer ... I like my long nose ... it just bent and something to put it in place shouldn't cost much

*Who isn't*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fanta90)
    Someone in TSR who is a total ass. I am well aware what the NHS has to offer ... I like my long nose ... it just bent and something to put it in place shouldn't cost much
    I was merely trying to help, although now I wish I hadn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jungle Is Massive)
    I was merely trying to help, although now I wish I hadn't.
    omg - meant who isn't ... sorry, on phone browser

ReputationRep:
    omg - meant who isn't ... sorry, on phone browser
    Ah, fair enough :P

ReputationRep:
    guys chillout, shes not fleecing the nhs. i think the first picture only looks better because ur smiling, that slight benditrue would take a while to spot, and if they had been hecking u out for that long it probably doenst matter.

ReputationRep:
    £30 and I'll punch your nose back into shape.
    I'll knee you in the balls for free.

ReputationRep:
    i have an almost exact problem as you...i got kicked in the side of the nose as a kid and i get mercilessly teased about it at college which really upsets me...but lifes life and it kicks you in the face every now and then so get on with it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamster33)
    guys chillout, shes not fleecing the nhs. i think the first picture only looks better because ur smiling, that slight benditrue would take a while to spot, and if they had been hecking u out for that long it probably doenst matter.
    Err you're referring to his sig...that's not him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ogloom)
    £30 and I'll punch your nose back into shape.
    I'll knee you in the balls for free.
    How about no ... and I would ***** slap your face

ReputationRep:
    How about no ... and I would ***** slap your face
    Relax wario
    http://www.searchviews.com/wp-conten...ages/wario.jpg
    yes I went there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by girlmechanik)
    i have an almost exact problem as you...i got kicked in the side of the nose as a kid and i get mercilessly teased about it at college which really upsets me...but lifes life and it kicks you in the face every now and then so get on with it
    I am so sorry, I get the rare comment of ... "Why your nose so bent" ... and then the worst - which are hurtful. I lived with it, I am in university now I want a better start (uni nearly ending ).

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.